The Student Room Group

bf slapped me in front out our neighbour last night and i'm so embarrassed

i'm never going outside again. i'm so sick of everything. we constantly argue, but we actually love each other. we always make up, and then things are amazing, until our next fight. it's a never ending vicious cycle. but i'm tired of everything, life is such a chore :<

Scroll to see replies

That’s actually abuse, if he’s slapping you, you should tell someone about this urgently. I’d never slap my partner if I had one.
That's abuse.
you literally just described a toxic relationship. but, you keep saying you aren’t going to break up so. are you looking for pity?
Original post by Ciel.
i'm never going outside again. i'm so sick of everything. we constantly argue, but we actually love each other. we always make up, and then things are amazing, until our next fight. it's a never ending vicious cycle. but i'm tired of everything, life is such a chore :<

He shouldn’t have slapped you. You need to break up with him because this relationship is not healthy and this must be the 10th time you have posted about your relationship and how you are not happy in it.

It doesn’t matter if you make up afterwards, the point is, is that he is not respecting you and you deserve much better. :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by CaptainDuckie
That’s actually abuse, if he’s slapping you, you should tell someone about this urgently. I’d never slap my partner if I had one.

it's not like he ****ing punched me. i'm not bothered about that, what bothers me is our stupid nosy neighbour.
Original post by Ciel.
it's not like he ****ing punched me. i'm not bothered about that, what bothers me is our stupid nosy neighbour.

You want to stay in a toxic/abusive relationship?
Reply 7
Ok
Reply 8
Original post by MadameRazz
you literally just described a toxic relationship. but, you keep saying you aren’t going to break up so. are you looking for pity?

posting on tsr always helps me collect my thoughts. i don't feel like talking to anyone irl about this
Original post by Ciel.
posting on tsr always helps me collect my thoughts. i don't feel like talking to anyone irl about this

clearly you aren’t collecting your thoughts enough to realise you should leave the relationship.
Original post by Ciel.

I think it’ll be best if you contacted authorities, they’re more than willing to help, besides, he certainly shouldn’t be getting away with abuse.
Reply 11
Original post by 5hyl33n
He shouldn’t have slapped you. You need to break up with him because this relationship is not healthy and this must be the 10th time you have posted about your relationship and how you are not happy in it.

It doesn’t matter if you make up afterwards, the point is, is that he is not respecting you and you deserve much better. :frown:

i know. but things always get better. the constant ups and downs are ****ing torture. but in the end, they're so worth it
what makes you think i deserve better? i don't. i'm a terrible partner, tbh. i'm moody af. i cheat. i'm mad.
Original post by Alienated.
You want to stay in a toxic/abusive relationship?

i guess.
Original post by Ciel.
i know. but things always get better. the constant ups and downs are ****ing torture. but in the end, they're so worth it
what makes you think i deserve better? i don't. i'm a terrible partner, tbh. i'm moody af. i cheat. i'm mad.

i guess.

Then how about instead of the both of you staying in a toxic relationship, you both work on yourselves and learn healthy habits?
Reply 13
Original post by CaptainDuckie
I think it’ll be best if you contacted authorities, they’re more than willing to help, besides, he certainly shouldn’t be getting away with abuse.

lol, i don't want their help. i'm free to leave. i don't want to. our relationship is just very intense.
Original post by Ciel.

He's a control freak. Trust me, it will get worse and he will push boundaries further and further, until you get out of the toxic relationship.
Reply 15
Original post by Alienated.
Then how about instead of the both of you staying in a toxic relationship, you both work on yourselves and learn healthy habits?

it's just too much effort. i'm depressed. i know he is too, even though he won't say it. life just gets tedious when you're in your twenties.
Original post by Ciel.
lol, i don't want their help. i'm free to leave. i don't want to. our relationship is just very intense.

then stop complaining about it lmao.
Reply 17
Oh Ciel :console:
Physical abuse is never okay whether it be a punch or a slap. This relationship is just problem after problem and you're clearly miserable. Why are you keeping yourself in this situation?
Original post by Ciel.
it's just too much effort. i'm depressed. i know he is too, even though he won't say it. life just gets tedious when you're in your twenties.

It gets tedious but he needs to be gone! He’s no good for you, it’s only going to make your life worse!
Original post by Ciel.

Dude I'm actually going through the exact same stuff although mine's never physical. I think that's where you should draw a line, Physical abuse is a no.

Take some space, from him, and see where it goes, I think with space you'll learn to be independent without him and slowly you might just be able to move on.

Quick Reply

Latest