The Student Room Group

How can I stop caring so mucha both what people think of me

I care so mucha bout whether people like me or not, whether I sounded stuck up when I said that sentence, whether I sounded mean when I said that, whether I came across stupid when I said that thing.
I care too much about what people think of me and it's taking so much of my time
How do I stop
Original post by Anonymous
I care so mucha bout whether people like me or not, whether I sounded stuck up when I said that sentence, whether I sounded mean when I said that, whether I came across stupid when I said that thing.
I care too much about what people think of me and it's taking so much of my time
How do I stop

heyy, loads of people constantly feel the way you feel even if you don't think they do, its hard to completely not care. But try to imagine will this honestly matter in a year or even six months, because trust me it wont. Its something you learn to fight as you get older
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.
How do I stop

Learn how to focus on and value yourself more. When you do that other peoples opinions matter way less.
Time. Age helps.
How do I stop

I used to feel like that. Now I don’t pay too much attention to those sort of things. It’s mentally draining and also leaves you constantly trying to compare yourself to others. There’s more important things in life than always being concerned about what others think about you. You can’t please everyone. Hope things work out for you. Don’t stress :smile:
Think about all those people who compare themselves to others. Better jobs. Better degrees. Better partners. And yet none of it matters. So what if someone is 'better' than you. What does that say about YOUR happiness? That is what matters. Stop giving in to the rat race. Stop doing things for the approval of others, because you want to be better than others, and instead do things for yourself. Do things because you want to do them.
honestly theres no surefire way to stop this
when i fall into this state of the need for constant approval i just remind myself that i shouldnt give a **** what other people think of me (in most cases) and i distract myself

also just dont take life too seriously and learn to laugh at yourself- seems small but it helped me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending