Want more information about this university?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi i need some advice from somebody that has attended an interior architecture/architecture interview at Portsmouth uni. Im so anxious on what I am supposed to take along and although I’m passionate, I have no previous experience. Can anyone offer me any info on what they took and how it’s structured etc? What questions are asked and anything really. I hate speaking in groups especially under s pressure and if I don’t know them!! I’m so nervous now I have emailed the uni and stuff and this is what I have been told. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi i need some advice from somebody that has attended an interior architecture/architecture interview at Portsmouth uni. Im so anxious on what I am supposed to take along and although I’m passionate, I have no previous experience. Can anyone offer me any info on what they took and how it’s structured etc? What questions are asked and anything really. I hate speaking in groups especially under s pressure and if I don’t know them!! I’m so nervous now I have emailed the uni and stuff and this is what I have been told. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Hi!

I didn't take interior architecture/ architecture, but it might be worth joining some groups on facebook. Usually there is a thread for each subject and for freshers, so feel free to join one of these and post a question in there. If you have contacted the uni or course leader and they haven't said anything then I would assume you don't need to bring anything specific, but I would personally call their telephone number which is 023 9284 5566 for admissions enquires (I'll also attach a web link at the end). So if there is nothing specific I would bring a pen and notepad, a diary, food and drink, form of identification.
https://www.port.ac.uk/about-us/contact-us
Don't be nervous though. The staff here are really friendly, don't be afraid to speak up and remember everyone is in the same boat.

I hope this helps and good luck in your interview!
Chloe - Official Student Rep
RAH1000
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep)
Hi!

I didn't take interior architecture/ architecture, but it might be worth joining some groups on facebook. Usually there is a thread for each subject and for freshers, so feel free to join one of these and post a question in there. If you have contacted the uni or course leader and they haven't said anything then I would assume you don't need to bring anything specific, but I would personally call their telephone number which is 023 9284 5566 for admissions enquires (I'll also attach a web link at the end). So if there is nothing specific I would bring a pen and notepad, a diary, food and drink, form of identification.
https://www.port.ac.uk/about-us/contact-us
Don't be nervous though. The staff here are really friendly, don't be afraid to speak up and remember everyone is in the same boat.

I hope this helps and good luck in your interview!
Chloe - Official Student Rep
Thank you very much I will definitely have a look at some forums and stuff! I’m just wondering if things will be dofferent because of COVID (e.g no group interviews) do you know if that is the case? X
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (113)
28.32%
No - I have already returned home (52)
13.03%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (80)
20.05%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (39)
9.77%
No - I live at home during term anyway (115)
28.82%

Watched Threads