The Student Room Group

english language GCSEs

hello! i'm in year 11 and i just finished my mocks. i got a 5 in my mock and i'm looking on how to revise but no idea where to start. (i'm aiming for a 6/7 end of year 11)

i watched a couple videos on it and most of them are similar saying practice questions then getting your teacher to mark them. however, i'm not sure if i would go straight into the practice questions? would it be more helpful if i do something else prior to prepare? if so, how?

and any general tips on how to get at least in 7 in english language would be helpful thank you!!
Hey! I’m in y13 but in y11 I used to get mainly 5’s.When GCSEs were near I watched a YouTuber called Stacey Ray which basically tutored you in all aspects of English.I went from a 5 in English lang as well as English lit to a 7 cause of her.I really recommend watching her videos she’s really helpful and provides a lot of in-depth stuff.
Reply 2
Original post by Wertgyhuj
Hey! I’m in y13 but in y11 I used to get mainly 5’s.When GCSEs were near I watched a YouTuber called Stacey Ray which basically tutored you in all aspects of English.I went from a 5 in English lang as well as English lit to a 7 cause of her.I really recommend watching her videos she’s really helpful and provides a lot of in-depth stuff.

thank you!! i think i used her vids for eng lit but never realised she also did eng lang (:

Quick Reply

Latest