I'm now on employment support allowance and I kinda feel bad. Please help?

Watch
fairangel
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So basically i have autism, I cant get work and when I do and work hard, I get treated like dirt. So I dont want to be negative and I am honestly a positive optimistic person usually. Even with agencies are bad and I know i be only doing it for the money and being an assistant in a school will be overwhelming.

So I'm gonna study and work hard, focus on that while I'm claiming this. I dont know if I'm entitled to housing benefit through council as im living in a place but I think that's through uc. I believe I'm better off on this atm, it's the right choice?
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
There is a housing element to Universal Credit yes.

Only you know if this is the right choice to be honest. It's very difficult to see a way through sometimes.

What qualifications do you have? Perhaps TSR can point you in some directions?
Vexper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I would advise giving Citizens Advice a ring to find out what you might be entitled to at the moment before you make any drastic changes with regards to benefits

Depending on your circumstances you could also be entitled to Personal Independence Payment.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (609)
33.78%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (755)
41.87%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (359)
19.91%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (80)
4.44%

Watched Threads