The Student Room Group

Why do boys do this????

I don’t know if any of you find this or if it’s just cause our boy population at school are predominantly like this, but when presenting presentations they either laugh, whisper and just want you to feel uncomfortable. I don’t know if girls do this or not but throughout my years of being at school it is like the normal boy thing.

Me and my group were presenting today and this happened. (We are in 6th Form).

One of the boys sitting behind me was like I don’t understand why people don’t want to speak at the front of the class. It’s just stupid. What’s everyone’s problem? And in my head I was like you don’t experinace the nerves of presenting and want to not do it because when he presents no one laughs, whispers or make him and the other boy in my class uncomfortable. Like I wouldn’t ever think about doing something like that. I don’t think, or at least I hope they don’t, know that what they are doing is actually affecting us presenting or even participating in class. Because if they knew what they were doing and it’s on purpose that just makes it even worse.

It just adds a problem to people who already aren’t confident and don’t like talking in front of a class. Another worry or anxiety.

(Sorry for the rant just came out of school 😂)
Original post by EllieroseFarmer
I don’t know if any of you find this or if it’s just cause our boy population at school are predominantly like this, but when presenting presentations they either laugh, whisper and just want you to feel uncomfortable. I don’t know if girls do this or not but throughout my years of being at school it is like the normal boy thing.

One of the boys sitting behind me was like I don’t understand why people don’t want to speak at the front of the class. It’s just stupid. What’s everyone’s problem? And in my head I was like you don’t experinace the nerves of presenting and want to not do it because when he presents no one laughs, whispers or make him and the other boy in my class uncomfortable. Like I wouldn’t ever think about doing something like that. I don’t think, or at least I hope they don’t, know that what they are doing is actually affecting us presenting or even participating in class. Because if they knew what they were doing and it’s on purpose that just makes it even worse.

It just adds a problem to people who already aren’t confident and don’t like talking in front of a class. Another worry or anxiety.

honestly, when boys are just bullies, the only thing they can talk about amongst themselves is how 'fat she looks today' or 'damn he got ugly after stuffing his face over christmas'. - they have the maturity 8 year olds and i guess this is how they express that. you just gotta ignore them, stick with your friends, and watch as they realise that their looks won't make up for their sh**ty attitude after hs
some of them will start to mature and use those brain cells, and the others will get whats coming for them, i suppose - just remember bullies dont get anywhere
(edited 3 years ago)

i doubt its anything specifically against u - i think they just genuinely the most immature things ever in general aha x

story time: basically there was this guy i liked n i told him n he freaked out at the attention so i left him alone but then when i stopped looking at him he wld follow me around n watch me n make comments with his friends n then they apologised to me n it was all done but then two weeks later they randomly made comments again as i walked past them -_-
i dont think its cuz they hate me tho i think they just bored n boring ppl tbh ahahah x

Most guys aren't like that, that's just down to their maturity level. Men mature a lot slower than women, coincidentally its also why girls like to date older men because usually males around the same age just don't have the same level of maturity.
Original post by jacobf91
Most guys aren't like that, that's just down to their maturity level. Men mature a lot slower than women, coincidentally its also why girls like to date older men because usually males around the same age just don't have the same level of maturity.

thats very true acc - all guys my age are acc tw*ts but older guys are generally better n more mature (but they end up being either taken or massive players aha)

ik OP's not tlkng abt relationships here but its the same principal lmao

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending