A level classical civilisation essays

Watch
z0351
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I’m worried about the essay structure my teacher has taught us for classical civilisation, especially for 30markers - the introduction my teacher told us to do sounds clunky and not something I would ever use to start off an essay. Can anyone help/ send an example introduction/ essay for classical civilisation because I am worried that I am being taught wrong. Thanks!
Last edited by z0351; 4 weeks ago
AnneLove
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Just so u know, some good ways for an intro (hook) are an interesting fact, multiple questions, one question, a joke, a big number, and many other things.

Anyways, g2g

-Anne
Classics_Teacher
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I always advise students against going into exams with a sort of pre-prepared introduction which they are then somehow expected to fit to the question. I'd be interested to know what sort of things your teacher has suggested for that. Feel free to send me a private message if that's easier and I'll see what I can do to help.
z0351
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Classics_Teacher)
I always advise students against going into exams with a sort of pre-prepared introduction which they are then somehow expected to fit to the question. I'd be interested to know what sort of things your teacher has suggested for that. Feel free to send me a private message if that's easier and I'll see what I can do to help.
I have messaged you, thank you.
Octors
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You should make a certain structure of the essay and follow it, it will definitely help you
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Some ideas for consideration

A open mind is best for the optimal performance and best results from essays. Fit the introduction to the question not the other way around. Review and revise properly too. Use flashcards for note making etc. Plan your essay carefully. Use information as fodder for your essay as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (712)
33.92%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (898)
42.78%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (396)
18.87%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.43%

Watched Threads