WhereAreMyShoes
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi everyone

I will be taking the 16+ entrance exams at Brighton College this weekend. Does anyone have any idea what the English paper is all about? Like what type of questions are there. Also, any info about the maths or reasoning paper would be really helpful.

Thanks
anjaninanda
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
no clue, but im doingg it as well, on the 1st of nov right?
Uchiha milkshake
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi anjaninanda, are you going to do the tomorrow? I am applying for Brighton College sixth form too and just finished mine today. It was really hard. Does this mean the hold tests on two different days?
WhereAreMyShoes
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Uchiha, I had mine today (and also found it really tough!). Perhaps they have a backup day if you couldn’t make it today?
anjaninanda
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
yeah probably... mines online, was urs online too?? also which parts were particularly hard
Uchiha milkshake
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by WhereAreMyShoes)
Uchiha, I had mine today (and also found it really tough!). Perhaps they have a backup day if you couldn’t make it today?
Oh maybe they do. I am quite interested in how many people are applying, because they said they are going to take around 40 people and I saw there were around 20 people today(?) in my meeting room
Uchiha milkshake
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by anjaninanda)
yeah probably... mines online, was urs online too?? also which parts were particularly hard
Yes mine is also online. I think the maths and general paper were particularly hard. The time was very limited.
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
How is the English exam like? Is it typical GCSE English language type questions? (For example like poetry comparison etc)Also, what is the scientific reasoning like and how many questions are there?
anjaninanda
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Uchiha milkshake)
Yes mine is also online. I think the maths and general paper were particularly hard. The time was very limited.
whats. ur snap incase we both get in oop
anjaninanda
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
whats ur snap in case we both get in oop
anjaninanda
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
whats ur snap incase we both get in
anjaninanda
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
whats ur snap inase we both get in
oop
Oh maybe they do. I am quite interested in how many people are applying, because they said they are going to take around 40 people and I saw there were around 20 people today(?) in my meeting room
S_Mo3470
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I just did my test today, there were around 50 people in my call so I am thinking that there are around 90 applicants if there were 20 in each of yours? I found the scientific reasoning especially hard. I am not sure if it was just because I do double science or if it is genuinely stuff that isn't in the iGCSE curriculum, maybe its a GCSE thing that we don't have in the IGCSE?
anjaninanda
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by alemenleg)
hi ! I did my exams like a month ago and I thought they weren’t that hard ! I am applying as an overseas so maybe we have different exams🤷🏼*♀️ Now i am stressing a bit for my interview, it is next week😁 I think that between internationals+online exams+ all the meeting rooms we have to be over 250 people 😅 In another chat I saw that there were 50 in one room + the rest did it online so...
This is my snap in case you need help or have any other questions : @alemenleg_27
hey is ur interview this sat as well
alemenleg
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
hey is ur interview this sat as well
yes !
anjaninanda
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
yes !
aha same, good luck!
alemenleg
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
aha same, good luck!
thanks! u too! do u have snap?
anjaninanda
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
thanks! u too! do u have snap?
yep, its anjaninanda
add me
loyattin
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
hey all, I am having my interviews for brighton as well. What should I prepare for it?
pomeranian21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey
I have also applied to Brighton college and my interview was scheduled today, 14th of November however they postponed it. Did any of you have your interview? Do you have any tips?
Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (44)
18.41%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (68)
28.45%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (91)
38.08%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (30)
12.55%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (6)
2.51%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise