Niyati05
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I am planning on applying to Economics and Finance courses. I hope you all can help me decide my UCAS choices. I am concerned about career prospects, university life, and reputation.
My five choices are:
1. LSE/UCL - Economics
2. Durham/Bristol - Finance
3. Bath/Warwick - Economics
4. City university of London - Finance
5. Exeter/York- Economics and Finance
I am an international student from India, my predicted grades are- A*A*ABb
IGCSEs- A*A*A*AABC
I hope you all can advise me on these.
casabonita
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
LSE is respected worldwide for economics, but some say they don't enjoy the student life much there. (probably different for everybody though).
UCL is also one of the best unis in the world, so career prospects im sure will be fine
Durham is ranked very highly in the UK, as are Warwick and Bath. I've heard Warwick economics has got a great reputation??
Others are also good but maybe not as respected as the ones I've just mentioned, but probably put in a few safety unis to ensure you get some offers
good luck!
confuzzledteen
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
A*A*ABB; are these your predicted grades for your A Levels? What subjects are they?
Niyati05
Rep:
?
(Original post by confuzzledteen)
A*A*ABB; are these your predicted grades for your A Levels? What subjects are they?
Yes, they are in accounting, Mathematics, Economics, Business, b(as level) General English.
Niyati05
Rep:
?
(Original post by casabonita)
LSE is respected worldwide for economics, but some say they don't enjoy the student life much there. (probably different for everybody though).
UCL is also one of the best unis in the world, so career prospects im sure will be fine
Durham is ranked very highly in the UK, as are Warwick and Bath. I've heard Warwick economics has got a great reputation??
Others are also good but maybe not as respected as the ones I've just mentioned, but probably put in a few safety unis to ensure you get some offers
good luck!
😊 thanks!
Wired_1800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Niyati05)
I am planning on applying to Economics and Finance courses. I hope you all can help me decide my UCAS choices. I am concerned about career prospects, university life, and reputation.
My five choices are:
1. LSE/UCL - Economics
2. Durham/Bristol - Finance
3. Bath/Warwick - Economics
4. City university of London - Finance
5. Exeter/York- Economics and Finance
I am an international student from India, my predicted grades are- A*A*ABb
IGCSEs- A*A*A*AABC
I hope you all can advise me on these.
My suggestion:

Economics: UCL, Durham, Warwick, York and Bath

Good luck.
Niyati05
Rep:
?
(Original post by Wired_1800)
My suggestion:

Economics: UCL, Durham, Warwick, York and Bath

Good luck.
Thanks a lot for this suggestion! I was considering not choose Warwick since it has a set course but is it still worth it?
Also, your views on the City University of London?
Wired_1800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Niyati05)
Thanks a lot for this suggestion! I was considering not choose Warwick since it has a set course but is it still worth it?
Also, your views on the City University of London?
Alright, maybe you can choose another university.

City is alright but i think the others may be reputationally better.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (675)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.63%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads