I’m ugly: what can I do?

Watch
Luke_s.23
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I’m a VERY ugly guy and I’m sometimes insulted for my looks. I’m also balding, but i don’t want to have an hair transplant and just accept my hair loss shaving my hair. my body is absolutely fine...
I know it’s very difficult to find a not shallow at 17 years old but i’m really tired of this
LonelyLulu
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Im a 17 year old girl and worry lots about my appearance too, but hopefully when we get older ppl get less judgmental about this kind of stuff and start to care more about personality. Besides, you say your body is fine so im assuming you're a healthy weight which means you can't be that unattractive, also many girls are into shaved heads btw. My main advice would be to focus on the things you CAN control like excercise, skincare etc because that stuff really does make a difference and only requires a few small lifestyle changes. And i think many ppl would agree with me when i say the most attractive trait in a guy is just confidence, which i know can be tricky to achieve but im sure you can do it - all the best x
tbi_zlx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Bro, if someone insults you cos of your looks they are shallow. Looks dont matter one bit when it comes to what type of person you are
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
Honestly I genuinely don't think looks matter that much, the more I care about someone the better looking they seem to me. People who put you down are probs being ***** and I wouldn't put too much worth into that. As a 17yo girl...I feel like that a lot, but at the same time I know the people who care about me don't care soooo.
Probably wayyy too wholesome. I guess you can eat healthy, take care of your skin and pay attention to hygiene, the latter is personally all I ask from teenage boys, if you're clean you're gold
is101
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Luke_s.23)
I’m a VERY ugly guy and I’m sometimes insulted for my looks. I’m also balding, but i don’t want to have an hair transplant and just accept my hair loss shaving my hair. my body is absolutely fine...
I know it’s very difficult to find a not shallow at 17 years old but i’m really tired of this
Firstly, If anyone insults you that's their problem, not yours. It's not a reflection of your looks but a reflection of them and who they are - wether that be because they are very very insecure or just a horrible person. I know you've properly heard that loads and I know it doesn't help, but just remember that it is never on you.

Anyway, I think at 17 (im also 17) it feels like the way you look is all that matters. everyone judges themselves, and others, purely on the way they look before anything else. and that for sure will change as we get older and the concept popularity becomes more and more irrelevant. so I feel like this is gonna be the hardest time for you, because like you said its hard not to find a shallow 17yr old. But plz don't be too critical of yourself. I don't think I've ever met someone and thought oh they're ugly, yeah I notice peoples looks but It doesn't mean half as much as the conversation I have with them does. people are very caught up in themselves too, in school all I think about is what I look like, if im saying something annoying blah blah and I feel like that's the case with most people, I reckon everyone is so busy over analysing themselves always to the point where they don't notice anyone else. But in terms of you, this is your life, do the stuff that you like doing and focus on the things that will make you feel better because life is too short for this. Appearance feels like so much but in the long run matters so little, if you are a nice, genuine person your presence means so so much, regardless of what you look like.
anna09933
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
As a 17 year old girl, let me tell you something- everyone feels insecure. I mean even the most conventionally attractive person. But honestly the most attractive thing is confidence, people say looks matter but honestly if you have no confidence or personality it wont mean a thing. And anyway you everyone has their insecurities but that doesn't mean your ugly.
Bellbird_19
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I feel really bad for people your age now as I think it has gotten a lot harder than it was when I was your age (about a decade ago) due to social media and our culture being so obsessed with filters, plastic surgery and celebrity.

Work on becoming the kind of person you want to be, in the long run people will care much more about whether you are funny, kind and interesting, and a person of substance than they will about your looks. Confidence and success are also very attractive things in another person, more than than looks! Give shallow people a wide berth, they're usually really boring anyway!
SpookyCookies
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Stop looking for other's validation. You are beautiful no matter what.
MorrisonsMlik
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Most of the time ugliness is caused by health problems, such as a recessed jaw or acne, which can be fixed. If you don't have a health problem I doubt you're that ugly. Baldness isn't always unattractive.
If you get fit and strong you can still grow into someone attractive
zz2002
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by tbi_zlx)
Bro, if someone insults you cos of your looks they are shallow. Looks dont matter one bit when it comes to what type of person you are
So true!
BlackkQueen12
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
youre friggin gorgeous
ignore the haters boo
they just jealous bc they dont have a beautiful soul like you do
ppl can be real @$$holes
love yourself and dont care about what anyone thinks
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Luke_s.23)
You will have to ride out the next 5 ish years where it is socially strange to see a balding teenager, once you hit your early 20's you will notice that there are girls who are attracted to bald men so you have that going for you for a start.

Right in terms of "being ugly" that's highly subjective, you can improve your looks as a man by doing various things and I'm going to outline them here. Before I do though I want you to understand something, I have learnt these things over the space of 15 years, 15 years of trial and error, failure and success, IF you start doing these things now you can massively improve your physical appearance, health and mental wellbeing which in turn leads to higher confidence etc.

1. Start eating healthy, 90% of what you eat should be good healthy foods and the other 10% are your treats to keep you mentally sane
2. Start exercising, at your age I would suggest doing bodyweight circuits (callisthenics) and running, and maybe yoga too for good flexibility and mental health.
(These 2 points go hand in hand with each other, You lose weight, get more of a built physique and people will notice you look better and so will you.
3. Sleep, you need to start getting at least 7 - 9 hours of sleep and correct your circadian rhythm(wake up at the same time every day and go to sleep at the same time every day) this will reduce the bags under your eyes and slow the ageing process down, but will also make you feel more energised and in turn has a knock-on effect to your mental health.

Right those are the main 3 points that EVERYONE should do to keep fit and healthy, now let's talk about some extremely niche things a man should do to improve his looks, SOME OF THESE ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT TO START YOUNG.

1. You need to learn about Mewing(keeping your tongue in the right position in your mouth) if you do this whilst a teenager whilst the bone structure in your face is still adjusting and hasn't set fully yet, you can form your jawline so it is extremely prominent and chiselled. A chiselled jawline on a man is one of the no.1 attractive qualities. if you start mewing now and combine it with jaw and neck exercises you can greatly improve your jawline if you wait till later on in life it can be almost impossible to correct as the facial bones will have set in place.
2. Start a skincare routine which includes a facial cleanser, scrub and moisturiser. This one is self-explanatory, take care of your skin.
3. If you have acne scarring, or any facial scarring or fine lines you can consider micro-needling twice a week which will even out your skin by producing collagen.
4. If you have terrible patchy facial hair you can also try using minoxidil on your face, this has the effect of promoting hair growth and can fill out your facial hair and fill in any patches or missing connections(I wouldn't suggest doing this until you are in your early 20's once you have had time to fully progress through puberty and can gauge how bad your facial hair coverage is)

One thing I will mention is, It doesn't matter what you f**king look like if you are confident and sure of yourself and your abilities you will attract people whether that be friends or partners. But let's be honest, the things that I have outlined here builds confidence.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (706)
33.93%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (889)
42.72%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.89%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.47%

Watched Threads