Last edited by Erxxx; 4 weeks ago
L-K
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Erxxx)
Hi everyone

I am writing for some possible advice to maybe reduce my anxiety haha, not increase it. So any negative nasty comments please leave the forum.

Basically over the last few years I have studied at university and college, also done a lot of different short jobs.

I have finally left uni and fully ready for a full time permanent job. Due to COVID I was finding it so hard to get a job so I thought I would tweak my employment dates so it looked like I had worked for longer in the companies than I actually did.

I got a really good job passed interview due to start next week

I have just sent of employment checks and now I am worrying incase it comes back and I don’t get the job.

Basically the last 3 years employment I have told the truth, it was just jobs 3 years + that I changed.

Can anybody help? Am I worrying for nothing
How much did you change it?
If you're one month out on a couple of jobs from years and years ago it may not be an issue, unless you are working with children or vulnerable adults. More than that and it might be.
Were any of your referees from jobs where you lied about how long you worked there? That could cause problems!
Erxxx
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
HiThanks for replying Yes I did tweak it a lot more than just 1 month 😫 And no my 2 references I have given are correct dates I’ll be working with vulnerable adults Oh god I am worrying even more now
Alienated.
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Erxxx)
HiThanks for replying Yes I did tweak it a lot more than just 1 month 😫 And no my 2 references I have given are correct dates I’ll be working with vulnerable adults Oh god I am worrying even more now
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that might turn into a bit of a problem. I advise you do not do that again and learn from your mistakes.
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Erxxx)
You realise that an employer can go and check with whoever they like, so if you've given the name of the organisations, especially if they know someone there, they can ring and ask for references outside the ones you gave?
tjames988
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Erxxx)
How much is a lot more than a month? like a year? yeah wouldn't surprise me if they weren't happy/ cancelled the job given you have lied before even starting
L-K
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Erxxx)
Oh dear. Well as you are working with vulnerable adults they should do a thorough check, I would be very concerned about the organisation if they didn't work out you had lied tbh. They shouldn't let you start the job either.
I think it's a case of lesson learnt and move on I'm afraid! Don't lie on your CV, especially if working with children or vulnerable adults.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (640)
33.51%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (806)
42.2%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.79%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.5%

Watched Threads