Cranfield MSc CFD Accreditation

Watch
jeswinj.90
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello,

I am interested to study MSc in CFD from Cranfield and I'm in the process of application for 2021 intake.

However, I noticed the following in the corresponding website about it's accreditation :
"Re-accreditation for the MSc in Computational Fluid Dynamics is currently being sought with the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) and the Royal Aeronautical Society (RAeS) on behalf of the Engineering Council as meeting the requirements for Further Learning for registration as a Chartered Engineer."

What does "re-accreditation currently being sought out" mean? Is it not an accredited at present?

I am aware of the good reputation a Cranfield degree holds in the industry and academia. But the above statement in the course website is a worrying element.

I would appreciate someone from the current or recent CFD batch reply to this.

Thank you!
Jeswin Joseph
India
0le
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
As far as I am aware, the accreditation only lasts a set period of time before the university has to re-apply and demonstrate that the course still meets the criteria. I wouldn't worry about it a great deal because you already presumably have an accredited Bachelors degree and Cranfield is a well known university for aerospace anyway.
jeswinj.90
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Thank you 0le.. that was helpful..

Any one else has a different opinion, kindly reply in this space..
Cranfield University
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by jeswinj.90)
Hello,

I am interested to study MSc in CFD from Cranfield and I'm in the process of application for 2021 intake.

However, I noticed the following in the corresponding website about it's accreditation :
"Re-accreditation for the MSc in Computational Fluid Dynamics is currently being sought with the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) and the Royal Aeronautical Society (RAeS) on behalf of the Engineering Council as meeting the requirements for Further Learning for registration as a Chartered Engineer."

What does "re-accreditation currently being sought out" mean? Is it not an accredited at present?

I am aware of the good reputation a Cranfield degree holds in the industry and academia. But the above statement in the course website is a worrying element.

I would appreciate someone from the current or recent CFD batch reply to this.

Thank you!
Jeswin Joseph
India
Hi Jeswin!

Yes , as 0le has said, accreditation only lasts for a set period of time, universities must regularly seek reaccreditation.
There have been some delays to accreditation for some courses because of the coronavirus pandemic, I know we were due some inspectors in May for another of the courses but the university was closed to visitors at this point so they were unable to visit.
Now that the campus is open we are trying to get these done as soon as possible, but unfortunately I can't give you a date of when it might be reaccredited, it should almost definitely be before the next academic year though.

Hope this helps, any other questions please ask

Katherine
Student Ambassador
jeswinj.90
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Cranfield University)
Hi Jeswin!

Yes , as 0le has said, accreditation only lasts for a set period of time, universities must regularly seek reaccreditation.
There have been some delays to accreditation for some courses because of the coronavirus pandemic, I know we were due some inspectors in May for another of the courses but the university was closed to visitors at this point so they were unable to visit.
Now that the campus is open we are trying to get these done as soon as possible, but unfortunately I can't give you a date of when it might be reaccredited, it should almost definitely be before the next academic year though.

Hope this helps, any other questions please ask

Katherine
Student Ambassador
Thank you Katherine! That clears my doubt. ๐Ÿ˜€
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (545)
33.87%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (664)
41.27%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (327)
20.32%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (73)
4.54%

Watched Threads