amylolx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I’ve just applied for 5 unis and I only just got to see my predicted grades this morning, BCD which was really unexpected. I’ve applied for unis looking for AAB-BBB and I’m not sure what I’m supposed to do now? Any advice?
palestine29
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
have you submitted the application yet?
Em2111
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Sometimes universities will give offers to people with lower predicted grades than necessary and many will be more lenient this year (for a hopefully obvious reason) but I wouldn't assume that you will definitely get offers from these unis. There's a chance, but I wouldn't set my heart on this. However, I think that if you get rejected (or reject the offers) from every uni you've applied to, UCAS gives you the opportunity to apply to a 6th university. This happened to a family friend a few years ago and I assume that they still do this. If not, there is always the option to go in through clearing!
amylolx
Rep:
?
(Original post by palestine29)
have you submitted the application yet?
Yeah I’ve submitted it. I didn’t find my predicted grades out until this morning. I’m more concerned because it’s a science degree and the D prediction was biology which had put me in a really bad situation now.
Last edited by amylolx; 4 weeks ago
ashtolga23
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It's kind of shocking that you've been allowed to do that honestly. I wouldn't be best pleased.

You could technically still get offers, it's just not as likely without the grades you thought. If you do then I'm sure you'll prove yourself, and if not then clearing is always there.
amylolx
Rep:
?
(Original post by ashtolga23)
It's kind of shocking that you've been allowed to do that honestly. I wouldn't be best pleased.

You could technically still get offers, it's just not as likely without the grades you thought. If you do then I'm sure you'll prove yourself, and if not then clearing is always there.
Yeah it’s a bit crazy. If I had of known those were my predicted I would have never sent the application.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by amylolx)
Yeah it’s a bit crazy. If I had of known those were my predicted I would have never sent the application.
That is shocking of your school to do that to you - no point giving you predicted grades after you have submitted the form. Unless it hasn't gone to UCAS yet but only to the school to provide the reference? If you haven't received a welcome email from UCAS it hasn't been submitted to them yet.

You can swap a choice for a different one within 14 days of the date on your welcome email. You can only swap each choice once. I would swap the AAB unis for alternatives asking for grades in the region of BCD to BBB. Also, given that Biology was your lowest prediction, I would give some thought as to whether it might be better to swap subjects to the one you are predicted a B in, although I guess your personal statement is geared towards a Science degree?

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/a...e%20in%20Track.
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by amylolx)
Which do you honestly think is most accurate: your expectations (around AAB-BBB) or your school's predictions (BCD)?
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you are within 14 days of application you can switch your choices.
Look at Foundation courses, or UCAS points Unis who may be more flexible about how they regard the D grade.
izzxm
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It’s terrible that your school did that? Are you sure that those are the grades that the school put on your UCAS or are they just the grades you are at now? If you don’t mind me asking, what universities did you apply to? because that will have an impact on your chances of getting offers. It’s not the end of the world though, there is always a chance that some unis may give you an offer based on your personal statement, gcses, references. Of course, you can always go through clearing or change some of your choices now to ones that have realistic grade requirements. Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (707)
33.91%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (891)
42.73%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (394)
18.9%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.46%

Watched Threads