desert_fairy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
does anyone know how i can live abroad in europe for a couple months and have my accom (and food?) paid for whilst working for someone/ a company. i know this girl on tiktok did it but i cant find the link.

also how would this work w covid? xx
L-K
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by desert_fairy)
does anyone know how i can live abroad in europe for a couple months and have my accom (and food?) paid for whilst working for someone/ a company. i know this girl on tiktok did it but i cant find the link.

also how would this work w covid? xx
How old are you? what qualifications do you already have? What type of work are you looking for?
You could teach English as a foreign language if you already have a degree. Then you could just do a CELTA qualification before you move out there. You probably won't have enough qualifications to actually teach in a school, but you could do some private tutoring or join an agency.
I'm not sure how covid would affect that plan at the moment though!
I have friends that have worked on farms in France and Spain and others who have worked in hostels across the continent. There probably isn't much demand for the last one at the moment.
desert_fairy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by L-K)
How old are you? what qualifications do you already have? What type of work are you looking for?
You could teach English as a foreign language if you already have a degree. Then you could just do a CELTA qualification before you move out there. You probably won't have enough qualifications to actually teach in a school, but you could do some private tutoring or join an agency.
I'm not sure how covid would affect that plan at the moment though!
I have friends that have worked on farms in France and Spain and others who have worked in hostels across the continent. There probably isn't much demand for the last one at the moment.
im 18 and am on a gap year before uni next year

anything really, ideally id like to work in journalism or fashion
L-K
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by desert_fairy)
im 18 and am on a gap year before uni next year

anything really, ideally id like to work in journalism or fashion
Your best shout is probably going to be looking for specific gap year schemes or apprenticeships for that kind of role.
It's unlikely that an employer will offer you a job with accom and food if you have no experience.
I would look at hotels or jobs in tourism if you're not fluent in another language.
I would also narrow it down and choose a country first so you can look into specific schemes and jobs available.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (611)
33.74%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (761)
42.02%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (359)
19.82%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (80)
4.42%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed