sally_1912
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi all,
I am currently an undergraduate law student (3 years). I am in my 2nd year currently and was wondering what type of law revision guides did students find best? I feel like the Law Concentrate books and Law Express are the top, but the question is, which one should I go for? Which one did you guys find the best? Thanks!
Franco28
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by sally_1912)
Hi all,
I am currently an undergraduate law student (3 years). I am in my 2nd year currently and was wondering what type of law revision guides did students find best? I feel like the Law Concentrate books and Law Express are the top, but the question is, which one should I go for? Which one did you guys find the best? Thanks!
Hiii, idk your answer for your question😂 but I had a questions for you :3. Do they tell you to read books? Like compulsory, will the teachers tell us to read books? And like then do work around the book and things like that? Also what do you do in your Law Degree? Im a year 12 student :3 im doing History, Spanish and Psychology and this recent exams i have been getting As and A*.
sally_1912
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Franco28)
Hiii, idk your answer for your question😂 but I had a questions for you :3. Do they tell you to read books? Like compulsory, will the teachers tell us to read books? And like then do work around the book and things like that? Also what do you do in your Law Degree? Im a year 12 student :3 im doing History, Spanish and Psychology and this recent exams i have been getting As and A*.
Hello, I am terribly sorry for the late reply lol. Yes, in a Law degree reading is everything and you will spend most of your time reading main textbooks, cases, case analysis, journals, articles etc. These help you to answer discussion and problem questions for your exams (they broaden your knowledge) and help you answer seminar questions. Usually, they will give you a list of readings, but they will always encourage you to do further reading as well. for top grades. I did History and Psychology for A levels too and I found that History helped quite a lot for preparing for Law. In a Law degree you have 3 core modules for first year, and in second year (where I am) you have 3 cores and one optional module. Third Year you have 1 core and one optional. Its mostly just lectures, seminars and reading tbh. And then there's starting to apply for training contracts in your second year but you have quite some time for that
Last edited by sally_1912; 1 month ago
MvcLaw
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi all,
I use concentrate at the moment, they’re pretty good for land law and EU
Franco28
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello, I am terribly sorry for the late reply lol. Yes, in a Law degree reading is everything and you will spend most of your time reading main textbooks, cases, case analysis, journals, articles etc. These help you to answer discussion and problem questions for your exams (they broaden your knowledge) and help you answer seminar questions. Usually, they will give you a list of readings, but they will always encourage you to do further reading as well. for top grades. I did History and Psychology for A levels too and I found that History helped quite a lot for preparing for Law. In a Law degree you have 3 core modules for first year, and in second year (where I am) you have 3 cores and one optional module. Third Year you have 1 core and one optional. Its mostly just lectures, seminars and reading tbh. And then there's starting to apply for training contracts in your second year but you have quite some time for that
Thank you so much! Don’t worry im sure you are really busy rn with all your work. Im happy you did psychology too as I thought doing Psychology was a big mistake for me. But there were no more choices anyways so i took it and Im always getting Bs so I have to work hard. On the others im getting all As and A*. And about the books, im happy it is as I enjoy reading a lot and im reading a lot of different books today relating to law which is really good! Also, in optionals, what do you choose? Any topic you want?
Catherine1973
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have concentrate and law express and preferred concentrate, then also got the q&a concentrate books to answer problem questions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (20)
13.16%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (42)
27.63%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (63)
41.45%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (23)
15.13%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise