The Student Room Group

Should i do the EPQ?

Scroll to see replies

i do bio chem spanish and just completed an epq - loved it
Original post by ca_1234
This is one thing I was considering, I really don’t want to sacrifice my grades in bio and chem for the sake of the epq due to workload

Remember, the grades are more important than if you have an epq or not..why not sign up and try it out, if it doesn’t work, you can drop it :smile:
Original post by XHannahR
The fourth a level and the epq is never part of the formal offer smh..

As I said before, it's about credits, and a fourth A Level or an EPQ (and EPQs ARE listed in entry requirements depending on the subject) will help you stand out in a competitive course line Medicine.
Reply 23
Original post by Medicine_is_hard
Same here, I’m currently taking a gap year and applying. I would recommend it to no end, helps to Boost your personal statement and allows you to do more research if you choose something medically related. Can also decrease grades required. Good luck x

how are you doing an epq in a gap year? i thought you would not be able to as it is not an exam and will need to be assessed by a teacher
Original post by k419
how are you doing an epq in a gap year? i thought you would not be able to as it is not an exam and will need to be assessed by a teacher

Hi! Sorry I meant that I took my EPQ in year 12 and I am currently on a gap year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending