etienne26
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi. How does predicted grades work if you are resitting an exam? I am improving on one of my subjects this summer. Is the predicted grade usually higher than the grade got in the exam (cancelled this year of course) How are they usually decided? Thanks
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by etienne26)
Hi. How does predicted grades work if you are resitting an exam? I am improving on one of my subjects this summer. Is the predicted grade usually higher than the grade got in the exam (cancelled this year of course) How are they usually decided? Thanks
The predicted grade should be what the teacher realistically thinks you could achieve on a good day. So not necessarily higher than the grade you got given in the summer.
Ferrari08
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi I’m also sitting one sub in the summer after sitting one in autum. I asked my head of 6th form and he said the prediction will be one higher than cag so for me my cag was a C so my prediction will be a B.
etienne26
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
The predicted grade should be what the teacher realistically thinks you could achieve on a good day. So not necessarily higher than the grade you got given in the summer.
Thanks for the reply. What data would they use though to make that judgement considering I'm not in school anymore? Do they set a mock test or use my results from last year?
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thanks for the reply. What data would they use though to make that judgement considering I'm not in school anymore? Do they set a mock test or use my results from last year?
They would look at your results from last year in tests and also in courseworks/homeworks - anything really
McGinger
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
School staff are usually 'optimistic' and will predict you a good grade.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (705)
33.91%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (888)
42.71%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.9%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.47%

Watched Threads