holyguac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm thinking maths, econ + english lit ---> is this combo too hard, should I replace english lit w psychology??
Unknown2019
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey I do psychology. Psychology is so interesting, however don't think it has little content. Psychology is extremely content heavy. I have been doing it for about 1 and a half month and we have already gone through 6 hand outs. Lots of people have dropped it because of its heavy content load and the amount of writing. However, a lot of people have also changed from other subjects to psychology, me being one them.
holyguac
Rep:
?
(Original post by Unknown2019)
Hey I do psychology. Psychology is so interesting, however don't think it has little content. Psychology is extremely content heavy. I have been doing it for about 1 and a half month and we have already gone through 6 hand outs. Lots of people have dropped it because of its heavy content load and the amount of writing. However, a lot of people have also changed from other subjects to psychology, me being one them.
hey, i watched a couple of vids on ppls views on psychology - they say the first term is super interesting but after that ppl start to dislike it. i feel like this is what will happen to me, I will enjoy the first month (eg, I LOVE the freudian theory - so interesting) but then I fear ill get bored. do u have to learn case studies, + lastly, in an exam is it opinionated/debated writing (like english eg how did Shakespeare create tension or whatever in which u can have various answers) or is it structed in which there is really only 1 correct answer
what board are u currently doing?
also if u don't mind - what subject did u take before you dropped it? + why did u drop it?
THANKYOU
Anonymous17!
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
After two years of doing maths and coming back for year 14 to do maths AGAIN, I really really just want to tell people Do👏Not👏Do👏Maths. But it’s up to you, honestly I think maths and economics is a good combo. English lit sounds like a good subject but from my friends who did English lit, it’s a lot of content and work apparently (but hey, aren’t all a-levels?) do is say it’s a good combo. As long as you’re subjects are relevant to what you want to do in the future, then I’d say they’re good choices
Unknown2019
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey, firstly before I answer your questions let me point out that in my first term we started with social influence, i havent even done the freudian theory yet and im finding it interesting. You rarely have to learn case studies, however im speaking from a year 12s perspectives. A lot of it is just research and experiments. Psychology is not opinionated/debated because everything is facts from the research. Your answers are marked based on psychology content, key terms, correct application to the question and evidence. You have to structure your long answers in a PEEER format. I am doing AQA. i dropped maths for psychology because maths was boring for me
Last edited by Unknown2019; 1 month ago
holyguac
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous17!)
After two years of doing maths and coming back for year 14 to do maths AGAIN, I really really just want to tell people Do👏Not👏Do👏Maths. But it’s up to you, honestly I think maths and economics is a good combo. English lit sounds like a good subject but from my friends who did English lit, it’s a lot of content and work apparently (but hey, aren’t all a-levels?) do is say it’s a good combo. As long as you’re subjects are relevant to what you want to do in the future, then I’d say they’re good choices
for my future career ngl im so confused but if I had to chose rn i chose the path of either law or finance bc I genuinely find both v interesting. for finance taking maths + econ would obvs be good (only if I do well lol), esp. if I wanted to do an economics degree (altho idk if I want to go to uni). i don't think I want to do 4 levels bc 3 is PLENTY so that leaves me room for 1 sub. I want an essay based sub but I know for a fact I would be bad at history bc I take it at GCSE and mannn I'm bad now. Im currently doing ok at English. I cant decide between englisg + psychology - in my opinion I would assume that psychology is easier than English however if I wanted to study law at uni ik english would help plus its highly regarded whereas if I took psychology I'm not sure this would be accepted by unis??? woyuld a student who got an A in englisg be more likely to get into said uni then me who had an A in psychology,
Anonymous17!
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by holyguac)
for my future career ngl im so confused but if I had to chose rn i chose the path of either law or finance bc I genuinely find both v interesting. for finance taking maths + econ would obvs be good (only if I do well lol), esp. if I wanted to do an economics degree (altho idk if I want to go to uni). i don't think I want to do 4 levels bc 3 is PLENTY so that leaves me room for 1 sub. I want an essay based sub but I know for a fact I would be bad at history bc I take it at GCSE and mannn I'm bad now. Im currently doing ok at English. I cant decide between englisg + psychology - in my opinion I would assume that psychology is easier than English however if I wanted to study law at uni ik english would help plus its highly regarded whereas if I took psychology I'm not sure this would be accepted by unis??? woyuld a student who got an A in englisg be more likely to get into said uni then me who had an A in psychology,
Unless a course specifically states that a certain subject is preferred over another then no, someone doing English doesn’t have an advantage over someone doing psychology. And don’t underestimate psychology, it isn’t just essay based but also science based, and maths based and there’s a lot of memory with case studies etc. Choose whichever one you will enjoy more and feel you will do the best at
holyguac
Rep:
?
(Original post by holyguac)
i'm thinking maths, econ + english lit ---> is this combo too hard, should i replace english lit w psychology??
i dont know what to chose for a levels i have 1 week im so stuck helppppp
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (53)
30.11%
No - I have already returned home (23)
13.07%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (41)
23.3%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (15)
8.52%
No - I live at home during term anyway (44)
25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise