Shafxx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I had a few questions about dentistry before I start applying for courses (2022 entry) and I was wondering if anyone could answer them please so that I could get a better picture of what it's like?

How would you describe the relationship between science and dentistry?
Why do you think you are a good candidate for dental school?-this ones one that I'm interested in seeing how other people have answered because I have experience but it's not relevant to dentistry
What challenges or obstacles have you faced?
What field of dentistry would you prefer?
Thanks to anyone who can even give a quick answer or an insight into what its like!
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
1) Dentistry is science based, like medicine and all other healthcare degrees. Biology primarily and then physics secondarily are the more important sciences.

2) I won’t answer this question because it’s a common interview question. You need to know why you want to do dentistry and why you’d be a good fit, no one can tell you that. Work experience doesn’t have to be dentally related, you need to talk about what you learnt from the experience and how that factors into dentistry. The admissions team are not interested in reading a list of things a dentist did at your practice.

3) Challenges/ obstacles in what?

4) How would me telling you this help you in applying?
Shafxx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Mesopotamian.)
1) Dentistry is science based, like medicine and all other healthcare degrees. Biology primarily and then physics secondarily are the more important sciences.

2) I won’t answer this question because it’s a common interview question. You need to know why you want to do dentistry and why you’d be a good fit, no one can tell you that. Work experience doesn’t have to be dentally related, you need to talk about what you learnt from the experience and how that factors into dentistry. The admissions team are not interested in reading a list of things a dentist did at your practice.

3) Challenges/ obstacles in what?

4) How would me telling you this help you in applying?
Thank you! If I pm'd my responses through would you be able to give me feedback on them if possible?
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Shafxx)
Thank you! If I pm'd my responses through would you be able to give me feedback on them if possible?
Sure no problem, just to let you know, I’m pretty slow with responding to PMs sometimes, but I will respond eventually
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (538)
33.96%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (651)
41.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (322)
20.33%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (73)
4.61%

Watched Threads