The Student Room Group

Credit cards to build credit score

Hi so i’m 22 and normally pay everything using debit card. I don’t make many large payments normally just small ones and about 2 or 3 a month over £100.

I want to use the credit card to build my credit score while at Uni. I don’t have a job and I will spend within my means. Eg if I want to buy some new shoes for £150 i’m hoping to buy them on my credit card and pay it off instantly using my debit card. So i’m planing on using the credit card a bit like a debit card. Buy something and pay it off instantly.

Firstly will this work in improving my credit score and is there anything iv missed out that you think iv overlooked?
Original post by G_Singh145
Hi so i’m 22 and normally pay everything using debit card. I don’t make many large payments normally just small ones and about 2 or 3 a month over £100.

I want to use the credit card to build my credit score while at Uni. I don’t have a job and I will spend within my means. Eg if I want to buy some new shoes for £150 i’m hoping to buy them on my credit card and pay it off instantly using my debit card. So i’m planing on using the credit card a bit like a debit card. Buy something and pay it off instantly.

Firstly will this work in improving my credit score and is there anything iv missed out that you think iv overlooked?

Clairestelle knows quite a lot about this.
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/loans/credit-rating-credit-score/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending