mabeloliver
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I’m currently in y12 and I know degree choice are a while away however I’m currently struggling. For the longest time I have wanted to work in fashion however I recently have been having doubts about how much I love it and wether I actually still want to study it or it’s just my childhood dream.
Lately I’ve been thinking more about architecture however I can’t tell if I’m just giving up on my self or I would actually enjoy it more.
If anyone else struggled with degree chocked what helped you decide? Please help it’s really eating me alive at the moment...
DeadChairSwinger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I've just applied through UCAS to study languages. I didn't even know what I wanted to do like a month and a half ago. I looked at so many degrees before realising that languages were my passion. No point studying something you don't enjoy, even if it is engineering or something. Anyway, your situation is a bit better to mine as you're thinking about UCAS a year earlier than me. You could try to get some work experience to see what the fields are like or talk to some people in those industries? Maybe even read some testimonials from those people
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How to Choose a Degree Subject : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...-what-to-study

If in doubt, don't apply this year. Just concentrate on getting the best grades you can, and apply next year when you are clearer about what you want to do, and why. Nowhere does it say you can only go to Uni straight from school.
mabeloliver
Rep:
?
(Original post by DeadChairSwinger)
Hi, I've just applied through UCAS to study languages. I didn't even know what I wanted to do like a month and a half ago. I looked at so many degrees before realising that languages were my passion. No point studying something you don't enjoy, even if it is engineering or something. Anyway, your situation is a bit better to mine as you're thinking about UCAS a year earlier than me. You could try to get some work experience to see what the fields are like or talk to some people in those industries? Maybe even read some testimonials from those people
Its been hard with Covid to get any work experience which is super frustrating however I know there's still a lot of time left to think so thank you for reassuring me
mabeloliver
Rep:
?
(Original post by McGinger)
How to Choose a Degree Subject : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...-what-to-study

If in doubt, don't apply this year. Just concentrate on getting the best grades you can, and apply next year when you are clearer about what you want to do, and why. Nowhere does it say you can only go to Uni straight from school.
I think only know has it sunk in how fast it feels like everything is going - but taking a year out is always an option
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (107)
28.23%
No - I have already returned home (50)
13.19%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (71)
18.73%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (39)
10.29%
No - I live at home during term anyway (112)
29.55%

Watched Threads