Undergraduate degree AND apprenticeship

Watch
FuturePaedsNurse
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm in my final year of a undergraduate degree and finish in may 2021.

I applied for an apprenticeship as I wanted to make a career change into the NHS. I got an interview but the role starts in Feb 2021. I'll still have studies but can make it work.

Question is will the NHS fund me and can I still work even tho I have a couple of months of uni?
brainzistheword
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by FuturePaedsNurse)
I'm in my final year of a undergraduate degree and finish in may 2021.

I applied for an apprenticeship as I wanted to make a career change into the NHS. I got an interview but the role starts in Feb 2021. I'll still have studies but can make it work.

Question is will the NHS fund me and can I still work even tho I have a couple of months of uni?
What level apprenticeship have you applied for? It's probably worth bringing this up with your potential employer as they may be expecting you to undertake further studies as part of the apprenticeship which may make things difficult to balance.

Is your undergraduate degree related to the role your apprenticeship would be in at all?
FuturePaedsNurse
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by brainzistheword)
What level apprenticeship have you applied for? It's probably worth bringing this up with your potential employer as they may be expecting you to undertake further studies as part of the apprenticeship which may make things difficult to balance.

Is your undergraduate degree related to the role your apprenticeship would be in at all?
Not sure what level but it's a healthcare support worker apprenticeship.

My undergraduate degree is childhood studies but nothing to do with healthcare
brainzistheword
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by FuturePaedsNurse)
Not sure what level but it's a healthcare support worker apprenticeship.

My undergraduate degree is childhood studies but nothing to do with healthcare
I think you're best talking to the apprenticeship provider as I anticipate they'll want you to study the course they have chosen for the apprenticeship - and it may clash.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (71)
27.41%
No - I have already returned home (29)
11.2%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (54)
20.85%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (28)
10.81%
No - I live at home during term anyway (77)
29.73%

Watched Threads