The Student Room Group

Backup unis

What are some backup unis for pharmacy? Something like BBB as requirements would be great
Reply 1
For the 4 Years MPharm course I know many are AAB/ABB as standard offers,
but some other options include...
Aston University, Birmingham - BBB
University of Brighton - BBB
University of Hertfordshire - BBB
Liverpool John Moores University - BBB
Robert Gordon University - BBB
University of Wolverhampton- BBC
Kingston University - BBC

This was all gathered from me skimming on the UCAS website...
https://digital.ucas.com/coursedisplay/results/providers?searchTerm=Pharmacy&studyYear=2021&destination=Undergraduate&postcodeDistanceSystem=imperial&pageNumber=1&sort=MostRelevant&clearingPreference=None

Those options dont include the 5 year foundation pharmacy course, not sure if you would also consider that as a 5th option

Hope this helps!
:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by c.hllz
For the 4 Years MPharm course I know many are AAB/ABB as standard offers,
but some other options include...
Aston University, Birmingham - BBB
University of Brighton - BBB
University of Hertfordshire - BBB
Liverpool John Moores University - BBB
Robert Gordon University - BBB
University of Wolverhampton- BBC
Kingston University - BBC

This was all gathered from me skimming on the UCAS website...
https://digital.ucas.com/coursedisplay/results/providers?searchTerm=Pharmacy&studyYear=2021&destination=Undergraduate&postcodeDistanceSystem=imperial&pageNumber=1&sort=MostRelevant&clearingPreference=None

Those options dont include the 5 year foundation pharmacy course, not sure if you would also consider that as a 5th option

Hope this helps!
:smile:

thank you so much!! I think I'm just going to apply for a 'not so good' uni as my 5th option, also MPharm 4 years course. Do you have any idea which one of them is considerably nicer than the other?
Reply 3
Its hard to say which ones are nicer, because its subjective. I personally have a preference for campus universities over city universities, so thats aston, hertfordshire and Liverpool John Moores. There are pros and cons to both types of course
Robert Gordon is in Aberdeen Scotland, which ive heard is really nice
Kingston is classed as a London uni if that is something youd be interested in, but its found on the outskirts

Quick Reply