?
Report 5 years ago
GREAT script though
SportyRae
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Army guy cheats on gf , she leaves him he dies she then kills herself! Could work with good actor and u could do it woth songa instead of dialogue ! If u likely reply
viddich
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hiya,

I am a student and I want to make a film about this. Do you know this family? I would really like to get in touch.

(Original post by Svefngenglar)
This is an actual story that happened to a friend of mine's relative that I think would make a nice short film.

An old woman has been in vegetative state for about 10 years, after having a stroke. She has been living with one of her daughters for this time, and when other daughter of hers moves to the mother's old house, they move her too.
About two days after being in the house, the old woman's memory is revived and she returns to her normal state of conscious for a day. Just one day. She calls her grandson, who thinks it's a joke. She thinks it's still the mid 90s. She recognises everyone in the family and is surprised by how tall her grandsons have become. She then goes to sleep and returns to vegetative state the next morning.

As a short film, it would need to raise the question of her conscience as a vegetable to work, at the end. I only haven't directed this film myself because I have trouble finding elderly actors, but feel free to use it if you like it.
HeyASDFGHJKL
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Prasoon0g)
Two stories are shown parellely:

Lavish life of a rich guy(lets call him Karan)..
Terrible life of poor homeless kid(say Rakend)..

While on an outing with his friends, Karan arrives at a beach.. They are having fun..

Now we see Rakend in the same beach, watching a kid being carried with love by his father. Kid points at the icecream shop and father gets him icecream.

We realise that Rakend is starving. He checks his pockets and finds them empty. He starts to beg for money(Thats what he usually does)..

Rakend approaches Karan. Karan has no sympathy and insults Rakend. Rakend silently moves to another person.

Karan then watches Rakend just for fun.

Rakend finally earns enough money and runs to buy icecream(or food). When he's about to eat, he spots a miserable looking crippled old man sitting down on the ground and begging. Old man looks very weak. Rakend hesitates at first, but then gives his food to the old man. Then he starts begging again.

Tears flows down from Karan's eyes..

THE END

hi I really love this idea and I think I could make a good film out of this! Would it be possible for me to use this idea? I will credit you as co writer x
pdtiesma
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by sidewalkwhenshewalks)
ive always had this idea where i write my number with instructions to call on a £5 note and then every-time someone rang me i'd ask for a photo, an explanation of where they got it and what they spent/are spending it on.
run it for about a month
it might work
it might not
Hi, I am trying to make a short film and would LOVE to use this idea. Would that be alright?
afshank123
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
This is not helpfully in my life u ...
Alice Earl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Svefngenglar)
This is an actual story that happened to a friend of mine's relative that I think would make a nice short film.

An old woman has been in vegetative state for about 10 years, after having a stroke. She has been living with one of her daughters for this time, and when other daughter of hers moves to the mother's old house, they move her too.
About two days after being in the house, the old woman's memory is revived and she returns to her normal state of conscious for a day. Just one day. She calls her grandson, who thinks it's a joke. She thinks it's still the mid 90s. She recognises everyone in the family and is surprised by how tall her grandsons have become. She then goes to sleep and returns to vegetative state the next morning.

As a short film, it would need to raise the question of her conscience as a vegetable to work, at the end. I only haven't directed this film myself because I have trouble finding elderly actors, but feel free to use it if you like it.
I'm thinking of maybe using this for my AS Film class if that's okay?
#SGLUDLAM
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Seriously
Queen Cersei
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Which idea did you choose in the end? Short films can be very effective if they really hone in on one individual and explore a 'day in the life of' type story.
OctoberFalls
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Sinistra Manus)
A man is sitting at a desk, rubbing a silver spoon with his thumb as he stares blankly at the wall before him. He let's out a lengthy sigh and ceases all movement. A while passes before he abruptly stands, enthusiasm enveloping every contour of his face as if an incredible idea had struck his mind. The strange man dashes from the front door of his house clad in only nightwear, he rushes into the car and -after a skipped scene of driving- hastily arrives at a large park. He blasts open the door with his foot and runs in a wild frenzy to the centre of the field, leaving the vehicle exposed to robbery.

The man stops... he is where he should be, he has made it! He whips out the spoon and gazes at it with awe struck eyes before plummeting it into the earth and digging. A loud clunk is heard and he discovers a peculiar container. Upon opening the artifact, he finds a silver knife and fork sitting within. Tears fall from the now shaking man's face as he puts the spoon inside the box and shuts it once more. He puts the set into its former abode beneath the ground and places the dirt back ontop. As he pats the final pieces of mud down, he places his two hands onto the ground and stares in silence...

May I use this for my Media class where I have to create an experimental short film? I really like the idea and I was thinking along the same basis.
JunkoR.
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Go and watch some thai insurance advertisements. They make one of the best short films incorporated in an ad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
OctoberFalls
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi, I really like this idea. May I use it?
Nibbio
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by JunkoR.)
Go and watch some thai insurance advertisements. They make one of the best short films incorporated in an ad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha riight
JunkoR.
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Nibbio)
Haha riight

You are not believing me?
aitchhelen
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I thought about contacting Simon Beaufoy with my idea but then I read about YOU. Ive had this idea for a long long time now and with all the talk and concern about obesity nowadays, what we need is another FULL MONTY film. Low budget, hilariously funny, good story, good actors and extremely topical. A fat woman, married but hubby having affairs, extremely unhappy and fed up with everything and everyone. Basically she goes on a diet, gets a personal trainer and loses weight throughout the film. An instant box office success and obesity problem solved (amongst women). Got lots of ideas for it just need someone to write it and then we need to find someone to produce it of course. Easy.......

Helen Hawkins
demps14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Sinistra Manus)
A man is sitting at a desk, rubbing a silver spoon with his thumb as he stares blankly at the wall before him. He let's out a lengthy sigh and ceases all movement. A while passes before he abruptly stands, enthusiasm enveloping every contour of his face as if an incredible idea had struck his mind. The strange man dashes from the front door of his house clad in only nightwear, he rushes into the car and -after a skipped scene of driving- hastily arrives at a large park. He blasts open the door with his foot and runs in a wild frenzy to the centre of the field, leaving the vehicle exposed to robbery.

The man stops... he is where he should be, he has made it! He whips out the spoon and gazes at it with awe struck eyes before plummeting it into the earth and digging. A loud clunk is heard and he discovers a peculiar container. Upon opening the artifact, he finds a silver knife and fork sitting within. Tears fall from the now shaking man's face as he puts the spoon inside the box and shuts it once more. He puts the set into its former abode beneath the ground and places the dirt back ontop. As he pats the final pieces of mud down, he places his two hands onto the ground and stares in silence...
I love this idea! Do you mind if I use it for my class? I am creating my first short film.
letsgetphysical
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Make it a character study. A portrait of a suicidal single mum struggling in austerity britain is an idea i had yesterday for a film.
kayla96
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi I am currently studying film and as part of a project I have to create a 3-5 minute silent film, any ideas will be really appreciated.
Laura98Briscoe
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
This is a great idea do you mind if i use it for my college short film?
Ecoronado
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I love this!! I am in a Short film class and would LOVE to recreate this as I might adapt it a little bit. Is it okay if I use your idea? I can definitely give credit to you if you would like, but it is only for a college course and possible portfolio piece. Thanks!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are your favourite crisps?

Kettle Chips (45)
17.24%
McCoys Salt and Vinegar (19)
7.28%
McCoys Flame Grilled Steak (17)
6.51%
Walkers Prawn Cockail (28)
10.73%
Monster Munch (20)
7.66%