Graf
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I have 3000 words essay due tomorrow and I haven't even started. Any tips on how I can do it within 10 hours? I mean what strategy do you guys use to complete a lenghthy paper with tight deadline?
tiana_16
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hiya! You could doing a really rough draft of ideas for the different points you want to make. Google the question as well, that will give you ideas. DO NOT COPY PASTE. if you see something you like online just rephrase it to seem like you wrote it. Other then that, and I would never usually say this, babble. Talk absolute rubbish if you have to finish. If your teacher asks you why this grade ended up not as good then just say you struggled but you're trying your best and you'll do better next time. And next time bro, don't leave a 3000 word essay for last minute haha
Graf
Rep:
?
(Original post by tiana_16)
Hiya! You could doing a really rough draft of ideas for the different points you want to make. Google the question as well, that will give you ideas. DO NOT COPY PASTE. if you see something you like online just rephrase it to seem like you wrote it. Other then that, and I would never usually say this, babble. Talk absolute rubbish if you have to finish. If your teacher asks you why this grade ended up not as good then just say you struggled but you're trying your best and you'll do better next time. And next time bro, don't leave a 3000 word essay for last minute haha
You just made me laugh... "write rubbish if necessary". Anyway I'm now logging of to implement your idea. Thanks!
tiana_16
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Graf)
You just made me laugh... "write rubbish if necessary". Anyway I'm now logging of to implement your idea. Thanks!
Hahahaha no worries! Good luck babe
Graf
Rep:
?
(Original post by tiana_16)
Hahahaha no worries! Good luck babe
Thanks, it worked out great
saji13
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Oof i have a 1500 word essay and I'm so tired of it, good luck to us procrastinators.
Graf
Rep:
?
(Original post by saji13)
Oof i have a 1500 word essay and I'm so tired of it, good luck to us procrastinators.
Good luck to you also but we really need to change this habit
saji13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Graf)
Good luck to you also but we really need to change this habit
Thank youu, and I know, I absolutely hate it
Let's try to change together.
I'm on it!
Academia Master
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
"procrastination may be symptomatic of a psychological disorder" i thought you should know. However, I have pulled the statement from a non peer reviewed source. Let's wait for confirmation from scientists before we conclude that you guys have a psychological disorder.
saji13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Academia Master)
"procrastination may be symptomatic of a psychological disorder" i thought you should know. However, I have pulled the statement from a non peer reviewed source. Let's wait for confirmation from scientists before we conclude that you guys have a psychological disorder.
Thanks for that piece of info.
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Did you get it done?
saji13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ROTL94)
Did you get it done?
I think OP did,
I'm working on mine as well rn.
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I think OP did,
I'm working on mine as well rn.
What's it on?

Spoiler:
Show
I have about three that I haven't even touched.
Graf
Rep:
?
Thank youu, and I know, I absolutely hate it
Let's try to change together.
I'm on it!
What should we do?
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Procrastination can also just be a habit, plenty of people do it. I very much doubt that simply procrastinating means they have a psychological disorder...
Last edited by LovelyMrFox; 4 weeks ago
Graf
Rep:
?
Really? I am worried now 😯
Graf
Rep:
?
Did you get it done?
Yes but I still have several tasks pending. I don't have the energy to start until it's too late!
saji13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What's it on?

Spoiler:
Show
I have about three that I haven't even touched.
How class is distinguished by social and cultural distinctions and not just economic divisions.
And woah 3!
When are they due..
It's a rough life.
saji13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Graf)
What should we do?
Tbh i don't know myself. I'm going to try make a routine and timetable for my different modules and hopefully not let it slip.
Maybe you could make a schedule too?
Synergy~
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i've done it before, it's possible

but prepare to possibly cry and have some breakdowns/ existential crises whilst doing it lmaooo

- Create a plan for the night. If you are behind move on anyway to the next order of action in the plan
- avoid perfectionism
-lots and lots of coffee
- put anything down, you can't realistically get a good grade in such a short time, letting go of that expectation will help
- BS your way if time is running out

Good luckkk
Last edited by Synergy~; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (36)
33.96%
No - I have already returned home (11)
10.38%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (23)
21.7%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (7)
6.6%
No - I live at home during term anyway (29)
27.36%

Watched Threads