Cousin owes me money but ignoring me can I request a charge back?

Watch
Thenovelistz
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My cousin needed money desperately, so i loaned him money with the intention of paying me back. Once i loaned him he stopped replying and has been avoiding me. I am about to request a charge back and say its fraud
indybrookes
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don’t lie and say it’s fraud lol. The bank will know and investigate YOU. If your own cousin uses you then just leave the money and think of it as an investment to filter out the useless unreliable people in life.
SmartUnicorn
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How much was it
Thenovelistz
Rep:
?
(Original post by indybrookes)
Don’t lie and say it’s fraud lol. The bank will know and investigate YOU. If your own cousin uses you then just leave the money and think of it as an investment to filter out the useless unreliable people in life.
I guess
Thenovelistz
Rep:
?
(Original post by SmartUnicorn)
How much was it
£40 but its the principle that counts. Its either i get it that way or i put on a mask and creep up in his house
SmartUnicorn
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Thenovelistz)
£40 but its the principle that counts. Its either i get it that way or i put on a mask and creep up in his house
Tell his mum
Moana92
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You can't say that it was fraud because you gave it to him - it would be you that's the fraud if you say that. I agree with SmartUnicorn - get his mum on it
Thenovelistz
Rep:
?
(Original post by SmartUnicorn)
Tell his mum
Our family don’t speak
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
£40 - put it down to experience. If you ease off there’s just a chance he’ll feel a pang of remorse and cough up.
Thenovelistz
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zarek)
£40 - put it down to experience. If you ease off there’s just a chance he’ll feel a pang of remorse and cough up.
Yh i guess, I don’t usually give out money but it just turns out if your cousin can do you dirty. Some people are so greedy for so little
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Nah, no way you can chargeback something like that, you willingly gave the money. Moaning at them in person or simply accepting the loss are your options
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.1%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.37%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.51%

Watched Threads