Making notes taking too long

Watch
Chaos126forever
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I tried making notes off my econ and cs textbook but it takes me 30 mins per page and I try summarise in my own words. It's getting tiring and boring any ideas what else I could do?

Grim_Squeaker
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Notes? or just pretty much copying the page word for word?

Maybe you need to i stead get the key facts down in bullet points and then try expand their detail into a few lines before getting it solid in your mind through then practicing questions.

Or, maybe look at the Feynman Method.
Chaos126forever
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Grim_Squeaker)
Notes? or just pretty much copying the page word for word?

Maybe you need to i stead get the key facts down in bullet points and then try expand their detail into a few lines before getting it solid in your mind through then practicing questions.

Or, maybe look at the Feynman Method.
Would it work if I just read a page and explain it to myself without writing anything down?
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Chaos126forever)
Would it work if I just read a page and explain it to myself without writing anything down?
Hey Chaos126forever!

Why don't you read a page and explain it to yourself and then summarise what you have learned in a sentence or two!
This way you'll digest the information better as you have to concentrate reading and then think about the best way to summarise the content in a few sentences

I hope this helps!
Eloise - Official Student Rep
hollie1928
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you’re handwriting the notes, maybe typing them would be quicker?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (705)
33.91%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (888)
42.71%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.9%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.47%

Watched Threads