I want to go home but corona won’t let me

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I’m from London so I’m not allowed to go home as that would involve mixing indoors with 6+ people outside of my household. Not entirely sure what I’m asking here but I really miss my family and my boyfriend and it’s getting harder and harder to not just book a ticket back home especially because I’m scared of getting stuck in my uni town in the event of a second lockdown. Has anyone got any advice on how to keep those thoughts at bay because it is very selfish at the end of the day. I think it’s even possible that I just want to go home even more now because of the whole situation.
A.Peters0797
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m from London so I’m not allowed to go home as that would involve mixing indoors with 6+ people outside of my household. Not entirely sure what I’m asking here but I really miss my family and my boyfriend and it’s getting harder and harder to not just book a ticket back home especially because I’m scared of getting stuck in my uni town in the event of a second lockdown. Has anyone got any advice on how to keep those thoughts at bay because it is very selfish at the end of the day. I think it’s even possible that I just want to go home even more now because of the whole situation.
You could just go home and meet them outside your/your boyfriend's home, just maintain the social distance then you're unlikely to spread any unnoticed symptoms. If you really want, you could self-isolate for 2 weeks and only go the shop/university and ensure that you're extra careful then go home once you're sure you'll be okay, then isolate for 2 weeks when you're back at university. The last thing you want to do is give/receive this virus and kill yourself/your family, so be careful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (644)
33.45%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (816)
42.39%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.64%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (87)
4.52%

Watched Threads