Are Executive Officer positions in the Civil Service available for graduates?

Watch
Charlotte_Ma
Badges: 8
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I don't quite understand the Band System but I am a recent graduate and I am curious about my eligibility working in the Civil Service. I am assuming EO is the highest I can go?
Gregorym1270
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey Charlotte. On the 9th November the DWP are launching their next recruitment round for the EO Work Coach roles.

I have seen that recent graduates have got a position already.

Set up an alert by looking up the Work Coach microsite and apply for that perhaps? They are recruiting thousands of people and at £27,500 starting wage it's a brilliant opportunity.

Good luck with your job hunt
Charlotte_Ma
(Original post by Gregorym1270)
Hey Charlotte. On the 9th November the DWP are launching their next recruitment round for the EO Work Coach roles.

I have seen that recent graduates have got a position already.

Set up an alert by looking up the Work Coach microsite and apply for that perhaps? They are recruiting thousands of people and at £27,500 starting wage it's a brilliant opportunity.

Good luck with your job hunt
Hey, thanks for getting back to me. I have seen this on a thread. Can you confirm that this is working in a job centre and helping people find vacancies?
Gregorym1270
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Charlotte_Ma)
Hey, thanks for getting back to me. I have seen this on a thread. Can you confirm that this is working in a job centre and helping people find vacancies?
I believe that is part of the role yes. Helping people and families become financially independent through work and giving them support and guidence in accessing the appropriate benefits whilst they do.

The DWP provide lots of information about the role, benefits, application process etc online.
Vexper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
EO grade is the sweet spot for graduates with limited work experiences. Many HEO roles require a lot more experience evidenced if you don’t get in through a graduate method such as the Fast Stream. HEO is more difficult for fresh grads.

I would go for anything EO for sure and pay attention to hitting the essential criteria in your personal statement whilst keeping in mind that EO is the first leadership grade in the CS. Junior Manager.

For example if part of the criteria for the role is resolving complex problems for customers, you would evidence a time you’ve resolved a complex problem for someone.
Charlotte_Ma
(Original post by Vexper)
EO grade is the sweet spot for graduates with limited work experiences. Many HEO roles require a lot more experience evidenced if you don’t get in through a graduate method such as the Fast Stream. HEO is more difficult for fresh grads.

I would go for anything EO for sure and pay attention to hitting the essential criteria in your personal statement whilst keeping in mind that EO is the first leadership grade in the CS. Junior Manager.

For example if part of the criteria for the role is resolving complex problems for customers, you would evidence a time you’ve resolved a complex problem for someone.
Thanks, that answers my question
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (701)
33.93%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (881)
42.64%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (392)
18.97%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (92)
4.45%

Watched Threads