Do I change course or stick with it? PLZ HELP

Watch
epicgang432
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I’m doing English literature and history at the uni of Manchester right now and I’d rather eat poo for 3 years than continue with English. I hate it. I like history though. I love justice/ethics/law/politics, I loved philosophy a level, but I didn’t want to choose something like law because I’d never done it before and I always excelled at English and history.

If I change course I’d like to change to law with criminology. I feel like even if I’d get just a 2:1 (I think I could most likely get a first in history and English so I’m not sure), it’s a respected course and it has the ethics side to it. I was planning on doing a GDL most likely anyway because I’m very interested in criminal law. HOWEVER even though it’s only week 4/5 I’m pretty sure I’d have to start it next year which sucks. And I hear terrible things about law but I’ve never studied it.

If I stick with this current course I could maybe drop English and start year 2 with like history with politics? Since I’ve done the mandatory history courses but I’m not sure. I don’t really want to do just history alone. There’s history with politics, economics etc

I got 3 As at A-Level btw. I decided on this current course over, say philosophy, because I think it opens more doors for me and the entry requirements were much higher so I just thought ok this is a ‘clever’ degree lol. So, I have 3 options, start a new course, continue w this (which I don’t want to do bc English), or just do history/maybe history w something else idk
Last edited by epicgang432; 2 months ago
legaleagle61
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
hey,

it sounds like PPL might suit you, although you would still need to do the gdl. I would definitely change courses if you dont like it, theres no point being miserable! If you had to spend a year out of uni you could always get some legal work experience like being a paralegal. Hope everything works out for you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (326)
55.82%
I don't have everything I need (258)
44.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise