Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Ok so basically the house I live now qualifies for a contextual but we’re moving house in jan. Do I have to change my address after I’ve sent my application off or can I just leave my current one.
OCorOOC6337
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Generally, you are meant to notify UCAS of any changes to your information so I would say yes you would need to, once you've moved/just before.

Edit: If you're still unsure, perhaps try emailing UCAS to ask them directly - there will be contact details somewhere on their website, I'm sure.
Edit: https://www.ucas.com/contact-us There's a phone number available for prospective undergrads to ring, kay?
Last edited by OCorOOC6337; 4 weeks ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by OCorOOC6337)
Generally, you are meant to notify UCAS of any changes to your information so I would say yes you would need to, once you've moved/just before.

Edit: If you're still unsure, perhaps try emailing UCAS to ask them directly - there will be contact details somewhere on their website, I'm sure.
Edit: https://www.ucas.com/contact-us There's a phone number available for prospective undergrads to ring, kay?
But if I don’t it won’t rlly have an impact will it. Cos my new home won’t qualify for a contextual and my current home can reduce the actual grades by 1 or 2 which is rlly good ofc.
JGoosey2002
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Send ur application ASAP. Hope you get all ur offers by then and then tell ucas
Anonymous #1
(Original post by JGoosey2002)
Send ur application ASAP. Hope you get all ur offers by then and then tell ucas
That’s the problem cos I have to wait till dec 17th for my autumn results day I’m a gap year student. We’re gonna move around early jan. Do I have to tell ucas cos last time around I’m pretty sure nothing was delivered through post and everything was email.
OCorOOC6337
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
But if I don’t it won’t rlly have an impact will it. Cos my new home won’t qualify for a contextual and my current home can reduce the actual grades by 1 or 2 which is rlly good ofc.
You're correct about the contextual element but, so long as you get your application in before Christmas, most likely, then most places will have made you offers before you move and I highly doubt they'll change their offers because you've moved. And you have an obligation to report any changes to UCAS, unfortunately.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (44)
32.35%
No - I have already returned home (16)
11.76%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (27)
19.85%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (11)
8.09%
No - I live at home during term anyway (38)
27.94%

Watched Threads