jasonND
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I am stuck between Mechanical engineering with aeronautics at glasgow university, Aero-Mechanical engineering at Strathclyde and Mechanical Aerospace engineering at Southampton. Which university has best facilities/links/campus/nightlife etc.
Helloworld_95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Strathclyde's mech and aero department is a travesty so I would avoid them. Southampton has somewhat better facilities than Glasgow as it's more focused on engineering, but Glasgow is much better for the city life
jasonND
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Helloworld_95)
Strathclyde's mech and aero department is a travesty so I would avoid them. Southampton has somewhat better facilities than Glasgow as it's more focused on engineering, but Glasgow is much better for the city life
is edinburgh any good? how is it compared to glasgow
Helloworld_95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by jasonND)
is edinburgh any good? how is it compared to glasgow
The city is good but noticeably more expensive. Glasgow is a bit better in terms of the course I think
University of Strathclyde
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by jasonND)
I am stuck between Mechanical engineering with aeronautics at glasgow university, Aero-Mechanical engineering at Strathclyde and Mechanical Aerospace engineering at Southampton. Which university has best facilities/links/campus/nightlife etc.
Hey jasonND :^_^: Happy to answer any questions you have about studying at Strathclyde. My sister graduated this year with her degree in Mechanical Engineering and really loved her time in the Mech Eng department, and went straight in to her graduate role following on from completing a summer placement with the same company last summer. We've got a great reputation for teaching and our links with industry and our students really do take advantage of that throughout their degree

Glasgow is a fantastic place to live and study, and we're a campus university about 10 mins walk in to the city centre so you're right in the heart of it all. There's a vibrant student life (with two other universities as well as some colleges in the area) so the nightlife is great! We're also in the process of building our brand new Learning & Teaching building which will be the new home to our Students' Union- a game changer for nightlife on campus!

Like I say, if you've any questions feel free to ask away! I'll either be able to help or will get in touch with my sister to ask her opinion

- Caitlin
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (48)
31.17%
No - I have already returned home (19)
12.34%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (33)
21.43%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (14)
9.09%
No - I live at home during term anyway (40)
25.97%

Watched Threads