I will answer ur architecture application qs

Watch this thread
besalibethali
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,

I currently study architecture at Cardiff Uni (first year)
while I was applying to architecture last year, I found it very difficult as there isn't much genuine info online about it.

So having been through the process, I would like to help people who might need more info on applying to architecture.

Obviously I am not an admissions professional but I will use my knowledge of my personal experience to answer your questions to the best of my ability.
Emptybox
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by besalibethali)
Hi,

while I was applying to architecture last year, I found it very difficult as there isn't much genuine info online about it.

So having been through the process, I would like to help people who might need more info on applying to architecture.

Obviously I am not an admissions professional but I will use my knowledge of my personal experience to answer your questions to the best of my ability.
Not architecture related but it’s to do with Cardiff university and I haven’t gotten any answers yet, can I ask you?

I am in year 13 and I am currently thinking of applying for architecture (not at Cardiff) to study for uni. But I am still looking at other degrees and i have been looking at computer science too. I was thinking that if I do change my mind to computer science and decide to take that instead, I would cancel my application after results day and take a gap year to apply for computer science. Cardiff is one of the possible places I was thinking of applying to on the gap year but on the website, it says
“We reserve the right not to consider an applicant for entry if they have previously been withdrawn from Cardiff University or any other institution on academic grounds, or, due to submission of fraudulent documentation.”
Because I would be withdrawing my application (possibly if I decide to choose another degree), does this mean they won’t consider me. I will not be attending university as I would cancel my UCAS before that.
I am a little confused here and any help would be nice
Last edited by Emptybox; 1 year ago
besalibethali
Rep:
(Original post by milkcloud)
Not architecture related but it’s to do with Cardiff university and I haven’t gotten any answers yet, can I ask you?

I am in year 13 and I am currently thinking of applying for architecture (not at Cardiff) to study for uni. But I am still looking at other degrees and i have been looking at computer science too. I was thinking that if I do change my mind to computer science and decide to take that instead, I would cancel my application after results day and take a gap year to apply for computer science. Cardiff is one of the possible places I was thinking of applying to on the gap year but on the website, it says
“We reserve the right not to consider an applicant for entry if they have previously been withdrawn from Cardiff University or any other institution on academic grounds, or, due to submission of fraudulent documentation.”
Because I would be withdrawing my application (possibly if I decide to choose another degree), does this mean they won’t consider me. I will not be attending university as I would cancel my UCAS before that.
I am a little confused here and any help would be nice
Hey

I think that statement only applies to students who have had their applications withdrawn because they don’t meet the academic requirements or if they’ve submitted a fraudulent documents (or fake info on their application). Obviously I’m not an expert but I do suggest you call Cardiff Uni admissions:
44 (0)29 2087 9999

Also idk if you want to take a gap year but I’m sure that you can apply through clearing or adjustment on results day to get through to computer science instead of taking a gap year and then reapplying- saves time tbh but if it is your plan to take a gap year you can do that too!
Emptybox
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hey

I think that statement only applies to students who have had their applications withdrawn because they don’t meet the academic requirements or if they’ve submitted a fraudulent documents (or fake info on their application). Obviously I’m not an expert but I do suggest you call Cardiff Uni admissions:
44 (0)29 2087 9999

Also idk if you want to take a gap year but I’m sure that you can apply through clearing or adjustment on results day to get through to computer science instead of taking a gap year and then reapplying- saves time tbh but if it is your plan to take a gap year you can do that too!
Thank you so much for replying!
TRspirou
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hi,

Hi,
I couldn't find enough information about the portfolio requirements. Can you pls give me some hints?
besalibethali
Rep:
Hiya!The reason why there aren’t any specific requirements is because they just want to see as much of your work as possible. they just want to see your technique and your potential. My advice is:Try to showcase you working with as many materials and techniques as possible: for example in my portfolio I had a range of photography, still life drawings, textile work, sculptures, pen drawings etc.Also try to show the development process of a project. For example if your project is a painting of the sky, show your process from your initial ideas and experimentations til your final painting. A good architecture portfolio video which shows this is: https://youtu.be/yje_zCQQj48Have fun with your portfolio and show who you are through your work- what you’re interested in and what you like working with. Yes you are applying for architecture but you don’t have to include actual architectural drawings/art like drawings of buildings. Also present your work clearly and have a little description for all the work you present. All photos you take of your work should be good quality and not blurry or wonky. I hope this is enough to get you started. Please send more questions if you require
besalibethali
Rep:
(Original post by TRspirou)
Hi,
I couldn't find enough information about the portfolio requirements. Can you pls give me some hints?
Hiya!

The reason why there aren’t any specific requirements is because they just want to see as much of your work as possible. they just want to see your technique and your potential. My advice is:

Try to showcase you working with as many materials and techniques as possible: for example in my portfolio I had a range of photography, still life drawings, textile work, sculptures, pen drawings etc.

Also try to show the development process of a project. For example if your project is a painting of the sky, show your process from your initial ideas and experimentations til your final painting. A good architecture portfolio video which shows this is: https://youtu.be/yje_zCQQj48

Have fun with your portfolio and show who you are through your work- what you’re interested in and what you like working with. Yes you are applying for architecture but you don’t have to include actual architectural drawings/art like drawings of buildings.

Also present your work clearly and have a little description for all the work you present. All photos you take of your work should be good quality and not blurry or wonky.

I hope this is enough to get you started. Please send more questions if you require
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (274)
42.09%
The paper was reasonable (269)
41.32%
Not feeling great about that exam... (60)
9.22%
It was TERRIBLE (48)
7.37%

Watched Threads