STATS Questions (Edexcel A-Level Maths)

Watch
NimitMistry13
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I was looking through a few maths questions, just to get a feel for what they are like and what I'm getting myself into in the exam.
I found a very weird question, in the sense that the knowledge assessed was so obscure.
In my school, we got a textbook for statistics which covered the large data set - but not in as much detail as exam questions like that are asking for. Does anyone have any resources that go in-depth on the Edexcel A-Level Maths large data set.

Thanks everyone!
(The paper is 8MA0/02 May 2018 btw)
Attached files
Last edited by NimitMistry13; 4 weeks ago
mqb2766
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5865086
semsee45
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by NimitMistry13)
I was looking through a few maths questions, just to get a feel for what they are like and what I'm getting myself into in the exam.
I found a very weird question, in the sense that the knowledge assessed was so obscure.
In my school, we got a textbook for statistics which covered the large data set - but not in as much detail as exam questions like that are asking for. Does anyone have any resources that go in-depth on the Edexcel A-Level Maths large data set.

Thanks everyone!
(The paper is 8MA0/02 May 2018 btw)
I've just sat the Autumn exams and in the stats paper there was 2 marks in the whole exam for actual knowledge of the data set. Although the question using the data set was a total of 7 marks, it was only the 2 marks that you couldn't answer if you didn't know anything about the data set. The remaining 5 marks of the question were about the data set, but you didn't need any knowledge of it to answer the question. So it really depends if you want to spend a lot of time for a couple of marks?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (622)
33.73%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (776)
42.08%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.74%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise