mbentley0071
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi, I have applied to uni of Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle, Sheffield and Cardiff. Leeds have emailed me to let me know of an Access to Leeds scheme that I may be eligible for, and I was wondering if any other of my unis had similar schemes?
OCorOOC6337
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I don't personally know but do a little bit of research on their websites - these things are normally pretty easy to find (partic. if you just use a search feature) and if you're eligible for one there's a good chance you'll be able to access any others. Good luck!
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Many do - check their 'Widening Participation' or 'contextual offer' info pages for details.
However, some (Bristol's A2B scheme for instance) are only open to local students.
University of Sheffield Alumni
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by mbentley0071)
Hi, I have applied to uni of Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle, Sheffield and Cardiff. Leeds have emailed me to let me know of an Access to Leeds scheme that I may be eligible for, and I was wondering if any other of my unis had similar schemes?
Hi mbentley0071,

At Sheffield we have an access scheme called Access Sheffield. Depending on your circumstances, we may be able to give your application additional consideration when we receive it and when exam results are released. If we offer you a place, we may also be able to make you an alternative offer lower than our standard entry requirements for your course.

I'd recommend checking out our Access Sheffield webpages to read our full eligibility criteria. Some criteria we will automatically assess you based on your UCAS application, but for others you may need to fill in an additional form. If you're unsure if you're eligible after reading the criteria, I'd recommend sending an email to us at [email protected]

If you have any further questions, do let me know!

-Ben
Sheffield Graduate
BSc Molecular Biology (2019)
MSc Human and Molecular Genetics (2020)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (20)
29.41%
No - I have already returned home (8)
11.76%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (14)
20.59%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (5)
7.35%
No - I live at home during term anyway (21)
30.88%

Watched Threads