Would it be classed as cheating

Watch
Yana la
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So my husband with whom I have 2 children started uni this year, he started chating on whats up with this fellow student saying I' ll make you my work buddy, then he had a joke about errection , well he is studying cardiac physiology and at the end he went to lend a book to the lidrary where he complimented her , I am not sure if I am over the top with my insecurity, or would it be classed as cheating. P.S. He cheated before and we had no sex for more than a month no, he doesnt ckmpliment me. What would you guys think. He is very charming lier.
ashtolga23
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
On its own, this isn't cheating. It may make you uncomfortable, as it would me, but it isn't enough to be classed as cheating in my view. However, based on your comment about his history, I think there's reason to be concerned. Pull him up on it and have a talk about respecting boundaries, and perhaps ask him if there's anything going on. If there is, you may want to take further action.
JustOneMoreThing
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I think this is a perfect example of trashy Britishness.
Alienated.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Yana la)
So my husband with whom I have 2 children started uni this year, he started chating on whats up with this fellow student saying I' ll make you my work buddy, then he had a joke about errection , well he is studying cardiac physiology and at the end he went to lend a book to the lidrary where he complimented her , I am not sure if I am over the top with my insecurity, or would it be classed as cheating. P.S. He cheated before and we had no sex for more than a month no, he doesnt ckmpliment me. What would you guys think. He is very charming lier.
Tricky one. Like the previous post has said, talk to him about it.
Admit-One
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It's up to every couple to decide what the acceptable boundaries are in their relationship. If you're not sure, discuss it with them and explain that it's made you feel a bit uncomfortable.
Yana la
Rep:
?
(Original post by JustOneMoreThing)
I think his is a perfect example of trashy Britishness.
Lol its trashy Zimbabwean 42 year old must be midlife crisis
(Original post by Admit-One)
It's up to every couple to decide what the acceptable boundaries are in their relationship. If you're not sure, discuss it with them and explain that it's made you feel a bit uncomfortable.
Talk is he is talking, but what if I am given the silent treatment? I am afraid to think of divorce as I have 2 children, but he was born a liar high value man would never do that, he would never admit anything, he doesn't even feel guilty, if something it would be me to blame for finding it out.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I don't think that it is cheating until there is intimate physical sexual contact.
But still vulgar and highly unpleasant conduct.

That said, I've had to work with quite a few guys who habitually made crude comments like this; viewing their behaviour as either that of a creepy jerk or the start of sexual harassment by a pervert capable of restraining their hands & feet from earning them a place on the sexual offenders register.
Admit-One
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Yana la)
Talk is he is talking, but what if I am given the silent treatment?
I can't really answer this, as I would expect a grown man to be able to discuss with their partner how they were feeling, rather than gaslighting them and trying to make them feel bad for raising it, (IE making it the upset persons fault, rather than his behaviour).

Obviously your situation is complex, but this person has cheated on your and is now flirting with people, so trying to make you feel bad about it seems like a garbage response from them.
username5447420
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What's trashy britishness?
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah, no one in any other country or of any other race does things like this. Just doesn't happen!
Yana la
Rep:
?
(Original post by ROTL94)
Yeah, no one in any other country or of any other race does things like this. Just doesn't happen!
I just blame it on men 🤣🤣
JustOneMoreThing
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ROTL94)
You’re wrong actually, it does happen in other countries, my comment wasn’t something to be taken at face value.

This is just something you see every now and then in Britain, it could very well be on an episode of coronation street, hence my comment.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (50)
31.65%
No - I have already returned home (20)
12.66%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (33)
20.89%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (14)
8.86%
No - I live at home during term anyway (41)
25.95%

Watched Threads