Physics At UCL Watch

This discussion is closed.
cerebrum_core
Badges: 1
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Hello.

I am thinking of studying physics at UCL but i am not sure if it is good in physics.
If there is anyone who would like to share his opinion in this threat,it will help me a lot.

I have UCL's prospectus. The course sounds interesting enough covering many fields and having good options but i wouldn't like to go on an 'okay' university. Since i ve never read anything about UCL and physics in this forum i suppose it is not one of its major departments...
trev
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
In my opinion, it's good for physics.
wickedsingh
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
Whatever you do, dont shape your decision using subject specific league tables. They are useless and fluctuate incredibly one year after another.

My friends brother goes there and he says its good. The job prospects afterwards are also pretty good. His brother is in his last years and already getting interview for jobs that pay £30k.

But if you want to pursue an academic career in Physics afterwards then its still a good stepping stone. But obviously the heavyweights like Oxbridge and Imperial are better.
cerebrum_core
Badges: 1
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Thank you for your posts.

Well if i go to UCL will i be able to do postgraduate studies in a higher institution such as oxbridge or else?
trev
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by cerebrum_core)
Thank you for your posts.

Well if i go to UCL will i be able to do postgraduate studies in a higher institution such as oxbridge or else?
Of course you can!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1522)
79.23%
Leave (399)
20.77%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed