how do u reject a tutor. URGENT

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
ok so i had one tutoring session with someone, and I didn't really like her teaching that much. Shes asking me if i want another session this sunday what should I say?? im like 16 and she was teaching physics a level
deadroseex
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Simply, say you are unavailable for the next few months so you will be unable to, but will definitely contact her when you can!

OR

Just be honest, and say no!
Jdjdjdjdjd
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
ok so i had one tutoring session with someone, and I didn't really like her teaching that much. Shes asking me if i want another session this sunday what should I say?? im like 16 and she was teaching physics a level
"No thank you"
Interea
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just be honest, tell her you don't think things are going to work for you. Tutors know different students want different things, so she'll understand if you don't think her teaching style will work for you.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Interea)
Just be honest, tell her you don't think things are going to work for you. Tutors know different students want different things, so she'll understand if you don't think her teaching style will work for you.
how should i pharse it though? x
Reyaa_study.x
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just gently decline and say that you don't need her help anymore and you have found another solution.
Or you just simply say no thank you
Remember, you are doing this for you and no one else, so just say it politely, other than that don't really dwell on her feelings too much.
Hope this helps!
Last edited by Reyaa_study.x; 1 month ago
Interea
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I guess that would depend how you found her - if it's a family friend then you might want to be more casual, if it's someone you've hired then you can just be very polite about it.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Interea)
I guess that would depend how you found her - if it's a family friend then you might want to be more casual, if it's someone you've hired then you can just be very polite about it.
no its an online tutor that I found off a website
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Reyaa_study.x)
Just gently decline and say that you don't need her help anymore and you have found another solution.
Remember, you are doing this for you and no one else, so just say it politely, other than that don't really dwell on her feelings too much.
Hope this helps!
thanks for your reply!
but how should I say it xx i feel like id come across really rude lol
Interea
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
no its an online tutor that I found off a website
Easy then - just email and say you appreciated the previous session but don't think it's the right approach for you going forward. Presumably you've paid her for her time, so nobody is losing out if you're just polite and honest.
RDKGames
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As a private tutor myself, I recommend you just tell her that you do not require her services at the moment and/or you found someone else.

It is absolutely fine for you to say this and try not to feel bad about it!

She will understand this and move onto the next possible client. It is better to get it out of the way as soon as you can as to not waste her time; remember that she may not seek other clients while she is under the impression that you are a current client. Chances are this is not a first rejection for them so it's not the end of the world.
Reyaa_study.x
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
thanks for your reply!
but how should I say it xx i feel like id come across really rude lol
Thats alright!:heart:
I think it is best to keep it polite and formal and just say something like "Thank you so much for your teaching, but I don't think it suited my methods of learning, Thank you for your time!"
Or something along those lines so you don't come across rude in any way!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Reyaa_study.x)
Thats alright!:heart:
I think it is best to keep it polite and formal and just say something like "Thank you so much for your teaching, but I don't think it suited my methods of learning, Thank you for your time!"
Or something along those lines so you don't come across rude in any way!
(Original post by RDKGames)
As a private tutor myself, I recommend you just tell her that you do not require her services at the moment and/or you found someone else.

She will understand this and move onto the next possible client. It is better to get it out of the way as soon as you can as to not waste her time; remember that she may not seek other clients while she is under the impression that you are a current client. Chances are this is not a first rejection for them so it's not the end of the world.
Thank you very much ill email her today
Anonymous #1
(Original post by RDKGames)

hey sorry to disturb AGAIn but how should i phrase it if i say i dont require her services anymore??

sorry i dont wanna be rude aha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (96)
28.24%
No - I have already returned home (44)
12.94%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (65)
19.12%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (34)
10%
No - I live at home during term anyway (101)
29.71%

Watched Threads