What should i do after college

Watch
student19673
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi, im 17 and currently doing a health and social care diploma in college i failed maths so i have to do an access course to go to UNI apparently. i don’t have my heart set on one job or career choice i don’t like the idea of uni as i have heard its a lot of academic hard work and i want to do a job and start working but i want to be able to do a good well paying job so people have told me to go uni to achieve this. I need some advice on what I should do and whether i should do my access course and go uni. i feel like its a lot of years being in education and i want to do more like work type of thing rather than education. i’m just very confused with life rn and would appreciate some advice
sunny.side.up
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If your looking into a health and social care career would a therapist/counsler interest you?
Kerzen
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Would you be interested in any of the roles offered by the Royal Navy?

https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/careers...gaAiM-EALw_wcB
student19673
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by sunny.side.up)
If your looking into a health and social care career would a therapist/counsler interest you?
some career choices ive considered are mental health nurse and occupational therapy. I’m not to stuck on the careers. I kinda want some sort of insight on whether doing an access course and then going to uni is a good option. Or should i work and gain experience and try different things by volunteering, etc and then go onto further education when i’m a little older. I’m just really stressed and don’t know who to talk to.
sunny.side.up
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by student19673)
some career choices ive considered are mental health nurse and occupational therapy. I’m not to stuck on the careers. I kinda want some sort of insight on whether doing an access course and then going to uni is a good option. Or should i work and gain experience and try different things by volunteering, etc and then go onto further education when i’m a little older. I’m just really stressed and don’t know who to talk to.
Its alright, just do what feels natural to you, you got it my love. :console:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (672)
33.67%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (848)
42.48%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (385)
19.29%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed