Is TSR a safe place?

Watch
BluMoon06
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I understand it can be safe as long as you don’t star meeting up but what I mean is bullying or just unacceptable behaviour.
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's as safe as it can be... with the help of the moderation team.

Being reported doesn't mean you're wrong. If you want to discuss moderation, please go to https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/for...lay.php?f=1215

And remember to report other people's posts if you think that it breaks our community guidelines.
Last edited by ecolier; 1 month ago
Hazelly
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think it's quite safe, depending of course who you talk to as in trolls..
BluMoon06
Rep:
?
(Original post by ecolier)
It's as safe as it can be... with the help of the moderation team.

Being reported doesn't mean you're wrong.

And remember to report other people's posts if you think that it breaks our community guidelines.
Thanks it just should I be prepared for this **** cos of one joke? Does it happen often?
jellybellyb
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No, it's not safe. Start hiding your valuables and buckle up. It's going to get bumpy. :colonhash:
CosmicApathy1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's as safe as any other kind of social forum website. So it's as safe as you make it.
BluMoon06
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hazelly)
I think it's quite safe, depending of course who you talk to as in trolls..
I mainly give advice to those who struggle.
(Original post by jellybellyb)
No, it's not safe. Start hiding your valuables and buckle up. It's going to get bumpy. :colonhash:
Haha 😆 🤢🤮
sunny.side.up
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No, go before you get sucked in! :lol:
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by BluMoon06)
Thanks it just should I be prepared for this **** cos of one joke? Does it happen often?
I can't tell you whether it happens often or not, it depends on who you're chatting to on here and which parts of the forum you go to.

But as I said, being reported doesn't mean that you're definitely wrong. And you can always add another user to your Ignore List.
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
it is safe. because they let anybody in you will encounter some dirtbags, but you can easily block them.
pepsimaxcherry
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
it’s safe but lots of people report things because they find it to be “rude” or whatever, when it actually isn’t. you can appeal with the link that ecolier provided but some people just can’t take a joke here haha
laurawatt
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Looks like it was probably a troll who reported you anyway, I wouldn’t take it to heart
Contender
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I understand it can be safe as long as you don’t star meeting up but what I mean is bullying or just unacceptable behaviour. I just got bloody reported for making a joke and I was wondering if I have to prepare for more ****.
You actually made a thread about it, that was me brother
BluMoon06
Rep:
?
(Original post by Contender)
You actually made a thread about it, that was me brother
So you are the one that overreacted. Also I’m new to social media and want to be prepared. Excuse me for wanting to get advice before carrying on 🙄
Contender
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So you are the one that overreacted. Also I’m new to social media and want to be prepared. Excuse me for wanting to get advice before carrying on 🙄
You could put me on the ignore list
BluMoon06
Rep:
?
(Original post by Contender)
You could put me on the ignore list
I don’t want to because everyone deserves a second chance and shouldn’t be judged by one heated argument. Sorry
Contender
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don’t want to because everyone deserves a second chance and shouldn’t be judged by one heated argument. Sorry
It’s fine
BluMoon06
Rep:
?
(Original post by chopingirl)
Emotionally it might not be that safe if you are a very sensitive person and that's due to the other users as well as the mods. Even long term users have quit recently, or at least taken an extended break, so just don't overshare too much and be aware that the mods can be extremely biased in who they punish.
I’m very secretive unless it’s something idm people knowing eg my celeb crush
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
TSR is safe as long as you’re sensible. It’s also a very helpful site and has a great bunch of people on it, so don’t let one or two bad experiences or trolls affect your experience

As above, if you think someone is being unpleasant, you can report them and add them to your ignore list.
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Nowhere on the internet is safe.
TSR is in the better corner of the internet but still not a place I would consider safe.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (128)
28.44%
No - I have already returned home (60)
13.33%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (88)
19.56%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (42)
9.33%
No - I live at home during term anyway (132)
29.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed