cherry7girl
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
https://imgur.com/a/G4I1geU

can someone explain how the hell my mechanism is incorrect? the mark scheme diagram is from a different question but it is the SAME mechanism which is exactly what i did in my drawing and yet there's a red cross next to the first part smfh
Last edited by cherry7girl; 3 weeks ago
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I compared the solution with your answer. The mechanism in step two is alright, the only one what you have forgotten to draw is the bond of H+ and Cl- to HCl after they got separated. The third step is not needed as far as I can see.

So I can't understand too why step two should be wrong.
Vespa21
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
your curly arrow must start from the lone pair, not the minus. that would lose a mark.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Vespa21)
your curly arrow must start from the lone pair, not the minus. that would lose a mark.
Oh yeah, I did not notice the lone pairs. That explains why the answer is makred as wrong. Goody!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (501)
33.6%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (619)
41.52%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (303)
20.32%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (68)
4.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed