Help with classical civilisation- Politics of the Late Republic

Watch
zoebaileyxo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I've been studying the politics of the late republic module in classics for quite a few weeks and I'm just not understanding it at all! I'm struggling with how to revise and just all the different people involved! I was wondering if anyone had any revision resources that could help or even some tips on how to revise the module?
Classics_Teacher
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
One thing that I would definitely recommend doing (if you haven't already) is making a timeline. I get my students to make it fairly big by sellotaping several sheets of A3 paper together. This will enable you to plot key dates on it to try to get some sort of idea of how all the elements in the specification interlink with each other. There is a basic timeline on pages 97-100 in the red-and-black textbook by Bloomsbury which we use as a starting point and then 'flesh out' as we go through the course.

I would also recommend doing as much secondary reading as you can (not least because you'll need to refer to some of this in your 30-mark essay) as this will help to consolidate what was happening across the time period and the involvement of all the various figures that you'll have been learning about in class.

Feel free to send me a private message if you'd like more suggestions.
zoebaileyxo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Classics_Teacher)
One thing that I would definitely recommend doing (if you haven't already) is making a timeline. I get my students to make it fairly big by sellotaping several sheets of A3 paper together. This will enable you to plot key dates on it to try to get some sort of idea of how all the elements in the specification interlink with each other. There is a basic timeline on pages 97-100 in the red-and-black textbook by Bloomsbury which we use as a starting point and then 'flesh out' as we go through the course.

I would also recommend doing as much secondary reading as you can (not least because you'll need to refer to some of this in your 30-mark essay) as this will help to consolidate what was happening across the time period and the involvement of all the various figures that you'll have been learning about in class.

Feel free to send me a private message if you'd like more suggestions.
Thank you so much! I'll definitely do that as I made a timeline but I don't feel like it has enough detail and I'd rather just start again from scratch with it.
Once again thank you for your help!
hello5789
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by zoebaileyxo)
I've been studying the politics of the late republic module in classics for quite a few weeks and I'm just not understanding it at all! I'm struggling with how to revise and just all the different people involved! I was wondering if anyone had any revision resources that could help or even some tips on how to revise the module?
Check your pm inbox, I think I may be able to help you with this topic
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (687)
33.86%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (863)
42.53%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (388)
19.12%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.48%

Watched Threads