Changing University and Course. How do I go about it?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi,

I am looking for advice on changing University and also the Course.

I am currently studying Criminal Justice with a view to join the Police, however, I have recently had a change in my career focus; to become a Firefighter. I know I don't need a degree but I would still like to achieve one as I see benefits to studying. I searched for a degree in Fire and Rescue expecting not to find anything but I found a course at University of Wolverhampton and I am keen to look more into it more and maybe even apply.

A couple of points:
- I am 2 years into a 4 year course currently and the Fire and Rescue course is a 3 year course. This is my first year at University after achieving a HNC at college.

- If I do decide to apply I would be planning to join next September.

How would I go about changing course? Is it considered a transfer and would I need to contact the University of Wolverhampton? Or do I just apply through UCAS as I done last year for my current course?

Any other tips, info or advice on changing University and Course would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Tottybox
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi,

I am looking for advice on changing University and also the Course.

I am currently studying Criminal Justice with a view to join the Police, however, I have recently had a change in my career focus; to become a Firefighter. I know I don't need a degree but I would still like to achieve one as I see benefits to studying. I searched for a degree in Fire and Rescue expecting not to find anything but I found a course at University of Wolverhampton and I am keen to look more into it more and maybe even apply.

A couple of points:
- I am 2 years into a 4 year course currently and the Fire and Rescue course is a 3 year course. This is my first year at University after achieving a HNC at college.

- If I do decide to apply I would be planning to join next September.

How would I go about changing course? Is it considered a transfer and would I need to contact the University of Wolverhampton? Or do I just apply through UCAS as I done last year for my current course?

Any other tips, info or advice on changing University and Course would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Hiya,

I changed course & uni this year. I called up my current Uni and they said I didn't have to do anything, then I called the new one and they sent me the application forms. When the application was accepted, I went back to the old one and said I am leaving. The new university required the transcript from the old university to see my credits. That was printable of the home page, so that was ok.

I do not know how funding works though, because I did not qualify for funding.

Good luck!

Jules
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Tottybox)
Hiya,

I changed course & uni this year. I called up my current Uni and they said I didn't have to do anything, then I called the new one and they sent me the application forms. When the application was accepted, I went back to the old one and said I am leaving. The new university required the transcript from the old university to see my credits. That was printable of the home page, so that was ok.

I do not know how funding works though, because I did not qualify for funding.

Good luck!

Jules
Was it technically a transfer then if you never had to go through UCAS again?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (494)
33.56%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (610)
41.44%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (300)
20.38%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (68)
4.62%

Watched Threads