miao8
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Should I apply to a university if I am below the entry requirements eg. predicted AAC but university wants AAB. would they even bother to give you an offer or not?
MindMax2000
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes, you should always. I managed to get into one of the universities of my choice, despite being a grade below what they're looking for. There are also contextual offers, so if you are living at a particular postcode, they might even consider you despite the grade.

Universities that have clearing programs or have programs that are not particularly competitive tend to want people, despite not exactly meeting grade requirements.
Also, universities tend to be lenient if you have a good personal statement, and they think you might just have a bad day. You do get students who had bad A Level grades coming out with 1st class degrees, so you never know.
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Any course asking for A grades will be competitive. Many Unis will consider applications 'one grade below' but not all, and it doesnt mean you'll get an offer. Obviously. you will be further down the list than anyone with the entry requirements (or higher). One 'risky' choice is worth it, but make your other choices more realistic. PS> If the C grade is in a specified subject, its exceptionally unlikely you'll be considered.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (620)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (775)
42.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.77%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads