Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I'm a guy. I've always had crushes on girls, but quietly appreciated a handsome dude as most do. Recently though things have changed. I still have crushes on girls and find girls attractive. However, I've also found myself attracted to guys in a way I haven't experienced before. It's almost entirely sexual, though. I don't really finds myself that attracted to the idea of dating a man. I don't actively dislike the idea, but I'd rather date a girl. However, I'd rather have sex with a guy. Likewise, I have no problem with having sex with a girl, in fact I'm sure it's great, but I don't find myself pulled to the idea the same way I am with guys. I know the obvious answer is that I'm just bisexual, but I don't think that's what it is. I have a considerably stronger sexual attraction to men and a considerably stronger romantic attraction to women. Is that even a thing? How could I even have a relationship with anyone with that in my head?
BluMoon06
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Maybe, you find the ladies attractive look wise and prefer their company/personality but like the men for the more sexual side. That’s all I can give you
sakura_23
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well, there’s a couple of categories for attraction, and you can split these into romantic and sexual attraction. You might be heteroromantic and homosexual, or even biromantic and bisexual depending on how far your attraction goes for each gender. It’s a thing, so don’t panic. Can’t say much more for fear of being inaccurate but I hope this helps!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by sakura_23)
Well, there’s a couple of categories for attraction, and you can split these into romantic and sexual attraction. You might be heteroromantic and homosexual, or even biromantic and bisexual depending on how far your attraction goes for each gender. It’s a thing, so don’t panic. Can’t say much more for fear of being inaccurate but I hope this helps!
Yh it's good to know there are other people like that. My biggest problem at the moment is worrying about getting into relationships. I don't want to be with someone who I only halfway appreciate, you know?
sakura_23
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yh it's good to know there are other people like that. My biggest problem at the moment is worrying about getting into relationships. I don't want to be with someone who I only halfway appreciate, you know?
And that is a valid concern, but there are people that are asexual and aromantic, and although I assume it must be difficult that’s not to say none of them are in happy relationships of their own (of whatever form they choose), and these forms of attraction can change over time too, perhaps you’ll find someone that you’re attracted to in both ways! Best of luck
Anonymous #1
(Original post by sakura_23)
And that is a valid concern, but there are people that are asexual and aromantic, and although I assume it must be difficult that’s not to say none of them are in happy relationships of their own (of whatever form they choose), and these forms of attraction can change over time too, perhaps you’ll find someone that you’re attracted to in both ways! Best of luck
Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (72)
27.69%
No - I have already returned home (29)
11.15%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (54)
20.77%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (28)
10.77%
No - I live at home during term anyway (77)
29.62%

Watched Threads