?
Report 3 weeks ago
What's the question?
Bushrai19
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Three ways in which minor parties have an impact on the political agenda in the UK 9 marks
TJ1997
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Bushrai19)
Three ways in which minor parties have an impact on the political agenda in the UK 9 marks
One way is that their stance on issues if popular, can affect what major parties/the government does. For example, UKIP's electoral success and campaigning on the EU issue led to David Cameron committing to an in out referendum if his party were to be re-elected (in majority status) in the 2015 election. When this occurred, the Conservatives held a referendum the following year but Farage and UKIP's campaigning on sovereignty/immigration was seen to have been pivotal in the eventual verdict to leave the European Union.
Bushrai19
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by TJ1997)
One way is that their stance on issues if popular, can affect what major parties/the government does. For example, UKIP's electoral success and campaigning on the EU issue led to David Cameron committing to an in out referendum if his party were to be re-elected (in majority status) in the 2015 election. When this occurred, the Conservatives held a referendum the following year but Farage and UKIP's campaigning on sovereignty/immigration was seen to have been pivotal in the eventual verdict to leave the European Union.
thank you !!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (492)
33.47%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (610)
41.5%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (300)
20.41%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (68)
4.63%

Watched Threads