csmh1912
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
like what tax do I pay when I work and get a car and stuff I don't understand lmaoo yikes
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by csmh1912)
like what tax do I pay when I work and get a car and stuff I don't understand lmaoo yikes
Define "move out". Are you looking to rent your own flat? Or move out with friends etc.?
csmh1912
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
Define "move out". Are you looking to rent your own flat? Or move out with friends etc.?
hey thanks for answering ) I have no relatives and don't have any friends I'd be willing to live with... I wonder if I could work as an au pair and travel abroad..or rent.. idk
Last edited by csmh1912; 4 weeks ago
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
hey thanks for answering ) I have no relatives and don't have any friends I'd be willing to live with... I wonder if I could work as an au pair and travel abroad..or rent.. idk
Are you planning on going to full-time work or studying?
csmh1912
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
Are you planning on going to full-time work or studying?
well when I finish y11 I'll be turning 17... I've thought about it and even though I'm good at school, I don't think a levels are for me as I've grown up sheltered and I need to experience real life asap or I'm not gonna be able to handle uni/work at all. I wanna work but do a degree with the open uni sometime..I need to develop emotion skills and understand how real life works. I know it sounds really silly but i need time to sort stuff out in my life
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Not until you are 18 - you need to be in full time education or an apprenticeship until then.
csmh1912
Rep:
?
(Original post by black tea)
Not until you are 18 - you need to be in full time education or an apprenticeship until then.
oh yeah that's why I said work. an apprenticeship I meant. ah I wrote it weird lol I meant an au pair later on. ignore that sorry
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
well when I finish y11 I'll be turning 17... I've thought about it and even though I'm good at school, I don't think a levels are for me as I've grown up sheltered and I need to experience real life asap or I'm not gonna be able to handle uni/work at all. I wanna work but do a degree with the open uni sometime..I need to develop emotion skills and understand how real life works. I know it sounds really silly but i need time to sort stuff out in my life
I am just wondering, how are you in yr 11 and turning 17?
Just curious

Plus I know exactly how you feel as I've grown up sheltered too and I'm the same age . I'm currently in yr 13 tho.
And honestly, you don't have to move out to experience 'real-life'. You could experience 'real-life' by volunteering, hanging out with friends etc.
But it's up to you what you want to do. As long as your happy and you enjoy what you're doing, go for it
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You will need a stable income to rent.
csmh1912
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am just wondering, how are you in yr 11 and turning 17?
Just curious

Plus I know exactly how you feel as I've grown up sheltered too and I'm the same age . I'm currently in yr 13 tho.
And honestly, you don't have to move out to experience 'real-life'. You could experience 'real-life' by volunteering, hanging out with friends etc.
But it's up to you what you want to do. As long as your happy and you enjoy what you're doing, go for it
no I'm 17 when I finish y11. my birthday is in December. and aw that's sucks. and I know but I live too far. I only hang out once a year😭it's too much hassle and I don't enjoy it...volunteering would cost too much in fuel:/
Niice
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
no I'm 17 when I finish y11. my birthday is in December. and aw that's sucks. and I know but I live too far. I only hang out once a year😭it's too much hassle and I don't enjoy it...volunteering would cost too much in fuel:/
If you can’t afford fuel to volunteer somewhere once a week then you definitely can’t afford rent to live by yourself
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
ohhh Lmao that's what you meant by your age 😂 🤦*♀️ srry.

I'm assuming you live in the countryside?
If that is the case then you could volunteer by catching public transport such as a bus etc? Volunteering gives you the chance to meet new people and acquire many skills needed for 'real life'.

It's fine if you don't want to hang out with friends, I mean I avoid to hang out with friends too :/.
(I'm an introvert, so I prefer to spend more time alone than with friends )
josem001
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You need to stay in full time education or an apprenticeship until you’re 18. No apprenticeship is going to pay you enough to rent alone so I would suggest living at home until uni

Actually I don’t think you can go to uni after doing an apprenticeship so I’d advise doing a levels. Just get through a levels and uno hang out with friends, get a job, volunteer. Then you could take a gap year, perhaps working as an au pair or inter railing and do some travelling. You could also do study abroad at uni for some more independence.

I would really not suggest moving out at your age, it’s not as fun as it sounds to live on your own and pay bills lmao
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (632)
33.55%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (793)
42.09%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (374)
19.85%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (85)
4.51%

Watched Threads