#anonymous_user
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi,
Hope whoever’s reading this is okay. Would a 6/7 in biology gcse be okay to do biology A Level, and get good grades? If not, does anyone have any methods in how I can improve and get top grades? I’m doing AQA if that helps.
Thank you for your time
Laurence00
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by #anonymous_user)
Hi,
Hope whoever’s reading this is okay. Would a 6/7 in biology gcse be okay to do biology A Level, and get good grades? If not, does anyone have any methods in how I can improve and get top grades? I’m doing AQA if that helps.
Thank you for your time
Hi,
Thank you for your time
Ideally a 7 is needed but you still have lots of time to revise and get even higher. Some tips I used for biology GCSE is to make flash cards but make sure the info is ACCURATE and which will get you marks on the exams. Print out the spec and make your note according to the spec. Use mark schemes from past papers to write your notes so you know what the answer they want is. Usually they use the same questions every few years or change it slightly so looking and writing your notes from mark schemes is a good idea. WRITE YOUR NOTES NOW, so you don’t have to do them later giving you more time to revise. Also bbc bite size is a good resource as they have dedicated gcse biology revision for all exam boards .Good luck!
#anonymous_user
Rep:
?
(Original post by Laurence00)
Ideally a 7 is needed but you still have lots of time to revise and get even higher. Some tips I used for biology GCSE is to make flash cards but make sure the info is ACCURATE and which will get you marks on the exams. Print out the spec and make your note according to the spec. Use mark schemes from past papers to write your notes so you know what the answer they want is. Usually they use the same questions every few years or change it slightly so looking and writing your notes from mark schemes is a good idea. WRITE YOUR NOTES NOW, so you don’t have to do them later giving you more time to revise. Also bbc bite size is a good resource as they have dedicated gcse biology revision for all exam boards .Good luck!
Oooh thank you so much, I definitely will! Thanks
sarah_t123
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi,
Thank you for your time
Hi, I got a 9 in aqa gcse bio and my key tip is to make flashcards because then you have a certain space to condense notes e.g. one flashcard about eukaryotic cells. also make sure you understand what your teacher is explaining in lesson and if you don't understand then watch some YouTube videos about that topic. I am doing biology a level right now and it is a huge jump from GCSE (difficulty and content wise) so be sure if you want to do it for a level.
#anonymous_user
Rep:
?
(Original post by sarah_t123)
Hi, I got a 9 in aqa gcse bio and my key tip is to make flashcards because then you have a certain space to condense notes e.g. one flashcard about eukaryotic cells. also make sure you understand what your teacher is explaining in lesson and if you don't understand then watch some YouTube videos about that topic. I am doing biology a level right now and it is a huge jump from GCSE (difficulty and content wise) so be sure if you want to do it for a level.
Thanks so much for your help! In terms of YouTube, who would you recommend watching? I’ve heard of primrose kitten, and I’ve watched a couple videos by free science lessons, but would you suggest any more YouTube channels?
sarah_t123
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thanks so much for your help! In terms of YouTube, who would you recommend watching? I’ve heard of primrose kitten, and I’ve watched a couple videos by free science lessons, but would you suggest any more YouTube channels?
I recommend both of them and my school subscribed to mygcsescience.com which had useful videos and quizzes for all aqa GCSE science I really recommend subscribing to it (sorry but idk the cost but it will be on the website).
#anonymous_user
Rep:
?
(Original post by sarah_t123)
I recommend both of them and my school subscribed to mygcsescience.com which had useful videos and quizzes for all aqa GCSE science I really recommend subscribing to it (sorry but idk the cost but it will be on the website).
Thank you! I’ve heard of this page before, I don’t remember it being that expensive so I’ll definitely try investing in it! Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (659)
33.47%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (838)
42.56%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (383)
19.45%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (89)
4.52%

Watched Threads