white boys...?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
ok so i'm a black girl and my close friends in my main friend group are black and asian. whenever we get onto the conversation topic of boys, they always say to me " i can imagine you with a skinny white boy hahahahaha" or " ewww you're probably gonna end up with someone called [generic white boy name] hahahaha". and even one time, one of them showed us some guy she fancies, who was black, and they were like to me " oh you probably won't like him because he's black" ?????????

and i'm a bit confused because i have never said anything about having a "racial preference" towards white boys and i've never dated anyone so idk where they're getting this assumption from. i've also said several times that i don't care about what race a potential boyfriend is...

so recently i asked one of them why they keep saying this type of stuff to me and her response was "you look like you would only date white boys" HUH???? how can i LOOK like i'd only date a certain race?? i don't understand

i don't understand what's wrong with dating white boys though, like.. i wouldn't mind doing so.. but the way my friends are saying it, as if it's something weird/unnatural. there are so many interracial relationships nowadays so idk why they have that mindset

i'm not really asking a question/looking for advice. i just wanted to rant lol. but i'm just wondering if any other POC girls/boys think it's odd to date a white person?? and why?
SuperiorPotato
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I guess they're saying you're not "black enough" which is ********
Anonymous #1
(Original post by SuperiorPotato)
I guess they're saying you're not "black enough" which is ********
oh.. that's a bit :/ because i've been around more black people than white people for basically my whole life.... they probably expect me to fit into certain stereotypes or something..
SuperiorPotato
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
oh.. that's a bit :/ because i've been around more black people than white people for basically my whole life.... they probably expect me to fit into certain stereotypes or something..
Yeah exactly Very stupid of them honestly next time they say it call them out and stop hanging out with people like that
csmh1912
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
ye there's a stereotype of black guys not wanting black girls so they date white guys instead
Anonymous #1
(Original post by csmh1912)
ye there's a stereotype of black guys not wanting black girls so they date white guys instead
wow.....uhm.. i wouldn't date a white boy JUST because black guys don't want me lol. i don't even get why race plays such a big role in dating people are really out here letting stereotypes decide who they even consider to date.. :/
csmh1912
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
wow.....uhm.. i wouldn't date a white boy JUST because black guys don't want me lol. i don't even get why race plays such a big role in dating people are really out here letting stereotypes decide who they even consider to date.. :/
I do agree but it's natural for us to date people of our race. humans are built like that. e.e. most whites date other whites. mixed date mixed. brown and brown etc. just most though.
csmh1912
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
like as a mixed girl I'd rather date a mixed white and brown dude or a dude that's brown and not Muslim bc of multiple reasons. white ppl don't understand racism fully. my dad is white and doesn't get it. still like white guys.. it wouldn't work out tho. don't like black guys though.. any Asian is okay though but not really Mongolian/the Russian Asians. idk why but yea. would be friends with them though.
Last edited by csmh1912; 1 month ago
SuperiorPotato
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
like as a mixed girl I'd rather date a mixed white and brown dude or a dude that's brown and not Muslim bc of multiple reasons. white ppl don't understand racism fully. my dad is white and doesn't get it. still like white guys.. it wouldn't work out tho. don't like black guys though.. any Asian is okay though but not really Mongolian/the Russian Asians. idk why but yea. would be friends with them though.
Also mixing of cultures and acceptance can be very difficult at times. It would be difficult for the two families of different languages and cultures to mingle in some cases (This is in my cousin's case because she's engaged to a white man and we're Asian) He often doesn't understand what we're saying or our culture and finds it difficult to get along at times because my family aren't great at English so that creates a barrier :/
candydiva
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well in the US "not prejudiced" is code for white ppl liking to date black ppl. Nothing wrong with it. We all have our prefs.

Y not try a white boy and see how it goes? U don't need to care wat they xpect if it works for u, then don't allow others to control ur behavior. I know ppl say these things all the time and they don't always understand but I walk the walk. Maybe u don't remember but I was the 16yo with the 40-something master who relieved me of my v-card lol! So can u imagine wat my friend said? The most comical thing was 2 yrs on when one of my besties was 18 and then she wanted master to take her v-card too.... she wasn't saying that at first.

Annnd.... since they already xpect this from u, for whatever ideological reason then u will not be the target of the comments that perhaps others in the group would experience if they date "away from type" etc.
Anonymous #1
yeah i get what you mean. i've never had any (romantic) experiences with anyone so based off appearance only, i really don't mind. i've seen my fair share of really good looking boys from many different races/ethnicities. but i obviously know that appearance shouldn't be the only thing to consider lol
josem001
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I do agree but it's natural for us to date people of our race. humans are built like that. e.e. most whites date other whites. mixed date mixed. brown and brown etc. just most though.
What lmao?? Humans are one species
Last edited by josem001; 1 month ago
csmh1912
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by josem001)
What lmao. Humans are one species
bruh. so are dogs. but a Labrador doesn't usually **** a chihuahua, no?
csmh1912
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yeah i get what you mean. i've never had any (romantic) experiences with anyone so based off appearance only, i really don't mind. i've seen my fair share of really good looking boys from many different races/ethnicities. but i obviously know that appearance shouldn't be the only thing to consider lol
yeah me neither but I know who I'd get along well with. yes definitely I understand! just thought I'd give my opinion )
csmh1912
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Also mixing of cultures and acceptance can be very difficult at times. It would be difficult for the two families of different languages and cultures to mingle in some cases (This is in my cousin's case because she's engaged to a white man and we're Asian) He often doesn't understand what we're saying or our culture and finds it difficult to get along at times because my family aren't great at English so that creates a barrier :/
exactly. my mother is Arab and dad is white. my dad doesn't understand what I face, I have no culture. can't speak Arabic. it's so disheartening. never met any relatives either.
Anonymous #1
exactly. my mother is Arab and dad is white. my dad doesn't understand what I face, I have no culture. can't speak Arabic. it's so disheartening. never met any relatives either.
oh... sorry about this
SuperiorPotato
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah that's a disadvantage of mixed marriages
csmh1912
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
oh... sorry about this
oh... sorry about this
thank you so much 🥰 at least I have good hair though lmaoo
Anonymous #1
(Original post by candydiva)
Well in the US "not prejudiced" is code for white ppl liking to date black ppl. Nothing wrong with it. We all have our prefs.

Y not try a white boy and see how it goes? U don't need to care wat they xpect if it works for u, then don't allow others to control ur behavior. I know ppl say these things all the time and they don't always understand but I walk the walk. Maybe u don't remember but I was the 16yo with the 40-something master who relieved me of my v-card lol! So can u imagine wat my friend said? The most comical thing was 2 yrs on when one of my besties was 18 and then she wanted master to take her v-card too.... she wasn't saying that at first.

Annnd.... since they already xpect this from u, for whatever ideological reason then u will not be the target of the comments that perhaps others in the group would experience if they date "away from type" etc.
yeah lol i guess they wouldn't have any sneaky comments to make since they "expect" me to do so. what do you mean by "master" LOL
csmh1912
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yes. her family did not approve as they were rich and important in Arabia. she did it anyway and has no contact with them. my life could have been so different. it's not about the money but they sound so interesting and successful...it's hard having no family besides just my sibling and parents..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (128)
28.26%
No - I have already returned home (62)
13.69%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (88)
19.43%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (42)
9.27%
No - I live at home during term anyway (133)
29.36%

Watched Threads