Help! Put wrong dates on CV, have already started job

Watch
PizzaSlice
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,

I started a job on Monday. I was waiting for my reference to come through from my previous job, an internship. I put on my CV I was there for 6 months, but having just had my reference sent to me I realise I was only there for 5 months!

I am really worried this is going to get me in trouble. I am trying to think if I should just email the reference over to my new boss without saying anything or try to explain the error?

This is a professional level job.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by PizzaSlice)
Hi,

I started a job on Monday. I was waiting for my reference to come through from my previous job, an internship. I put on my CV I was there for 6 months, but having just had my reference sent to me I realise I was only there for 5 months!

I am really worried this is going to get me in trouble. I am trying to think if I should just email the reference over to my new boss without saying anything or try to explain the error?

This is a professional level job.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Six to 5 months isn't likely to be an issue, especially if it was 24 weeks, or something in between. But if you are email to your boss, you can say apologies, but the dates the referee gave are correct and there was an error on your CV.
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don’t think this is of any consequence at all. The difference will not be material to a decision to recruit and the error is believable and benign. I doubt it would even be noticed or commented upon but as you are concerned why not be transparent and mention when you send the reference that it has caused you spot a small error in your CV.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Zarek)
I don’t think this is of any consequence at all. The difference will not be material to a decision to recruit and the error is believable and benign. I doubt it would even be noticed or commented upon but as you are concerned why not be transparent and mention when you send the reference that it has caused you spot a small error in your CV.
I agree
I don't think it will be too much of an issue as it's not a huge difference.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (95)
28.44%
No - I have already returned home (44)
13.17%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (62)
18.56%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (33)
9.88%
No - I live at home during term anyway (100)
29.94%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise